Worlds 1st Limp'n'Gun Released

icon

XBOX marketplace - HERE - Old-school in every way possible.

Posted by shmupstick @ 12/13/2012 23:39  |    15

Discussion

shmupstick (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 12/22/2012 15:45

Yep, you're right. Will redo it into capital / lower case font.

RileyFiery (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 12/22/2012 10:26

The A's and R's look very similar, so it's hard to tell them apart. At least that's what I saw via the screenshots from your link. The game looks good.

shmupstick (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 12/21/2012 23:55

I had a free version for the Android up (which worked ok on the xperia play) but it had other strange bugs in it for other devices.

The coolest thing with that version was that I had my nintendo wiimote hooked up to a samsung galaxy tab, not 60fps but it felt really good. :)

When I get he Ouya version sorted, it will be available for the Androids again.

RodrigoCard (Level 2 Kukyu) @ 12/21/2012 17:55

Well, the PSM seems good too, Also, it is easier to port from XNA.

I would buy it for my Xperia Play, :)

shmupstick (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 12/21/2012 11:41

Doesn't sell much, no, but that don't bother me. Would love to get it onto anyy/all of the the Playstations. The PSM used C# so it was kind of a no-brainer to port it crom xbnlig xna.

I don't have any Playstation product myslef, though. Could still do it, just for the kix. :)

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 12/21/2012 05:00

Hm, but yeah but currently PSM limits the game to just Vita and various phones (forcing awful touchscreen controls in there cos of the phones but some games support the Vita's buttons and sticks fortunately).  Bit of a limted market when compared to how a PS Mini can run on all three of the commonly used PlayStation formats (3/P/V).  I hope Sony change that soon.  Especially since Amiga Alien Breed just got released as a PSM game and I would like that but I only have PS3 and PSP at moment (I'll get a Vita when I can afford one.  Luckily I don't have to buy games to play on it cos I already own a lot for it being a PlayStation Plus subscriber and how several PS3 games also give you the Vita version for free).  Ah well I hope to play this someday on my console of choice and hope it sells well for you in the meantime too.

shmupstick (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 12/20/2012 13:05

Thanks guys!

I actually downloaded the SDK for the vita (PSM SDK) a while ago, might look into that again just for the fun of it.

Edit: Darn, can't be a sony publisher when living in sweden...sux.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 12/20/2012 08:30

I had another look cos I find the video appealing.  If it ever gets made into a PSN title for PS3 or even as a Minis title I could play on both PS3 and PSP/Vita let us know. Got a few other retro gamers on my PSN friend list who would likely purchase it too.

JuninFC (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 12/20/2012 07:37

me too

shmupstick (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 12/20/2012 04:17

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 12/19/2012 13:22

I'd probably buy it if it was on PSN.

shmupstick (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 12/19/2012 13:15

Thanks shampoop!

JuninFC: For PSN I have no idea, but for Xbox you get a XBLIG account and you're set.

shampoop (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 12/19/2012 11:03

That game looks awesome.  I don't have an xbox so i'll just play contra on my nes.

JuninFC (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 12/19/2012 05:20

How can I put games at Xbox LIVE and PSN ?

shmupstick (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 12/19/2012 04:41

Update coming soon, with char selection to get the speed up... :)

www.youtube.com/watch

This Week's Pixel Art

Vivi icon/pixelartlittle lamb icon/pixelartBetta icon/pixelartRoguelike game mockup icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app