17 Color Palette Comp Winner - AdigunPolack's AAP-MajestyXVII

icon

Announcing the results of yet another extemely competitive color palette competition:

First Place - AdigunPolack - AAP-MajestyXVII

Second Place - 0xDB - 2019_04_22_0xDB_01

Third Place - Drazile - DRZ17A

Honorable Mention - Mordfikosz - 12bit

Honorable Mention - DimWiddy - DW17

Honorable Mention - SoloSalsero - SLSO-CLR17

Congratulations to all the winners.

Special thanks to the jury who put extra effort to evaluate the entries (in alphabetical order): Adarias, Cyangmou, Dawnbringer, Gecimen, Mandrill, Reo & Vierbit

Finally thanks to all 15 entrants, all of whom produced very usable and/or fun palettes.

This comp was to pick the palette for the next PJ forum iso collaboration, which will be posted in a few days.

Stay tuned.

Posted by Gecimen @ 5/20/2019 15:46  |    21

Discussion

DimWiddy (Level 2 Kukyu) @ 5/28/2019 13:50

Awww, thank you!  I'll be sure to put it through its paces!

AdigunPolack (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 5/25/2019 12:24

Night, I MUST truly thank you so much for your wonderful comment about my AAP-MajestyXVII palette... and I *do* look gloriously forward to your own phenomenally amazing use of my newest palette here indeed for this year’s newest and ever-upcoming ISOcollab project here on PixelJoint, just like I have thoroughly quite enjoyed using your absolutely most magnificent palette of Equpix15 that successfully won it all in last year’s PJ palette-creation competition right here, which was then entirely used for our “PrehISOria” project that you, I, and so many other pixel artists on PJ were all collectively involved in together.  !!

And if there is at least one *major* thing that I have thoroughly learned from your resplendently plain superb Equpix15 palette there, it is by me simply just making all the colors a lot more painstakingly balanced, accurately wider-ranged, and much more interestingly livelier in as precisely limited an overall color count as possible while seriously building a quality, MUCH rather entirely convincing all-around color spectrum within that very set limit indeed — especially in the color saturation without making it either too low or too high at all, too.  Well, with my overall making of my AAP-MajestyXVII palette right there, Night, I SURELY have delivered in spades, and as I quite handsomely said, I really and most genuinely look forward to you using it phenomenally indeed when the official theme for this ever-newest 2019 ISOcollab project on PJ is revealed... see you there soon for that and more!!!  !!!

Night (Level 6 SWAT) @ 5/25/2019 07:04

Congrats Adigun, great palette! :)

AdigunPolack (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 5/24/2019 09:42

And by the way, I have *quite* a bit of horrible news on my end this week, so do pardon me please for my double-post here.

Just TWO (2) days after the winners for this year’s entire PJ palette competition were finally announced — or in this case, Wednesday, May 22, 2019 — while I was using my current desktop computer, there was a short yet rather very serious power outage in the house alone, and my mom then had to turn all the electricity back on.  Well, usually after the power is back in full swing again, my computer automatically comes back on as well... normally.  This time, however, the computer just stayed off, cold as stone.  I had to find out what all of a sudden went wrong.  So I tried pushing the power button on several times to see if it turned on once again (even with all the plugs set into the proper outlets).  ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.    Which only means one utterly dreadful thing that is every pixel artist’s worst nightmare... my own computer is now officially dead.  Kaput.  Gone.  And it was the Acer Aspire AM3970-U5022, a fantastic 3.1Ghz machine that I first bought myself and started using since January/February 2012; great computer and was truly blazing fast for its time... all the way up until Microsoft shelled out all those blatant bullcrap Windows 10 updates with countless slowdowns, added graphical glitches, and so many unncessarily pointless minutes-long pauses/freezes that all took place for me since the release of Win 10 ver. 1803 and all those forced updates that made no damned sense whatsoever, which were all major critical factors of precisely why my computer was suffering all kinds of havoc towards its own untimely demise, even with a new power brick that I had once replaced the old original one with in very recent years!!  I am really gonna miss that computer; may it rest in great peace.  :*( !!

So right now, then, not only am I gonna build an ENTIRELY NEW desktop computer — and my mom is very seriously supporting me with the funds to help me do just that in honor of my upcoming birthday, which is already a tremendous help so far (  !! ) — but also, since she indeed has a laptop that she is currently not using very much at all thus far, she is actually letting me use it to hold me over until I have my *very* newest desktop computer set up, which is quite a little better significantly than just no computer at all as I have had no trouble so far at all in using that laptop that I am now currently typing from at the time of this very writing here, everybody.    This new computer-build of mine is a clear process that will take *at best* quite a few months for me to get done successfully if all goes well, but I am currently thinking of actually setting up a blazingly even faster, much higher quality AMD-Ryzen gaming rig under just a good several-hundred-dolar budget.  There are some several great videos from ExplainingComputers and ETA PRIME that inspired me properly on how to do just that, as they are fantastic study tools for building successfully such an amazing new computer even under this tight a budget indeed.

Just thought I would share all of that wonderful wealth of great info with you all, considering the dire situation that I am already facing that *just* started this very week, dearest ladies and gents.  ;)

AdigunPolack (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 5/24/2019 09:35

From the rather bottom of my very heart, Gecimen, Theoden, Irenaart, I TRULY thank you all for such phenomenally amazing words about my grand-winning AAP-MajestyXVII palette indeed... quite splendidly appreciated and then some!!!  !!!

You know, ladies and gentlemen, in the overall making of my newest palette here that just won it all in this year’s PJ color palette competition this week, I ran it through so many rigorous tests and made quite several tweaks as well as a whole TON of improvements, all in making sure it is well-richly suited for making all 17 of the colors a lot more exciting and quite of an absolute pleasure to use in terms of both color balancing and the overall color saturation — even in the making of skin tones and many natural materials (such as dirt, blood, rock, wood, stone, sand, trees, mud, moss, grass, and water, for example), too.  And already, this is a tremendous improvement over my last year’s compo palette called AAP-RadiantXV where the saturation there was really lackluster, wasn’t it?  That was flatly why I done some MAJOR steps in completely improving the overall color saturation in my current AAP-MajestyXVII palette to a much seriously more balanced, easier-to-read manner in terms of all the colors themselves.  And here we are.  !!!

Now THAT is how my own AAP-MajestyXVII palette got made in the first place.  ;)

Irenaart (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 5/23/2019 06:25

Congrats to everyone for an excellent job. And especially to Adigun on such a great palette. I can't wait for the collab  to see what we'll do fantastic this time with it. The theme of the collab is still secret. But you are all invited and more than welcome to participate.

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 5/22/2019 15:13

Yours was on top of 2 lists including mine. Really great palette for collabs.

Theoden (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 5/22/2019 15:04

@AdigunPolack Congrats for the first place!
And also congrats to everyone who participated.

DimWiddy (Level 2 Kukyu) @ 5/22/2019 08:52

Hey, sweet!  I'm glad you guys liked my palette!

AdigunPolack (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 5/22/2019 08:45

ABSOLUTELY correct you are on all fronts, Adarias; hugely agree.

And 0xDB, Drazile, Mordfikosz, DimWiddy, SoloSalsero, you all did such a tremendously awesome job on your own respective palettes as well and for thoroughly taking the most quite wonderful time, quality, and effort into actually making them all shine brilliantly as well... and an equally as excellent work as well to the rest of you that entered, also.  I sure have not forgotten about that at all, either, as your palettes are just as fun and worthwhile to check out, too!!!

Adarias (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 5/22/2019 07:22

@skeddles that's fantastic!  We had fun playing with all of the palettes and its nice to see that, while @AdigunPolack claims the ISO contest honor, the rest will be immortalized in some way as well :)

Thanks to everyone who joined in, my fellow judges and of course @Gecimen for running the thing.  Looking forward to the collab starting!

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 5/22/2019 02:05

Happy birthday Adigun, you certainly have a knack in creating thematic palettes so I'm surely interested in participating in a collab using one.

Also bit of interesting info, all of these top 6 palettes were no 1 in (at least) one of the judges' list. Several more palettes (such as s.g.m. #2 and curiousbeefjerky's) scored quite high but it was already more than usual to give 3 honoroable mentions so we had to stop somewhere.

AdigunPolack (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 5/21/2019 18:10

Thank you ever so very much on that entire quite outstanding comment, JerryPie, and you are absolutely 100% right on everything you have just said about my newest AAP-MajestyXVII palette winning this entire competition here on PJ indeed, too, as I would definitely, definitely love to see what truly amazing stuff you can pull off using my palette here for this upcoming new 2019 ISOcollab collab project... in actual fact, I would LOVE to see the rather creative stuff that so very many of our pixel artists can really do when my own AAP-MajestyXVII palette indeed is put to such absolutely brilliant damn use in so many, many, many inspiringly good ways in this one, just like you and I and so many of us successfully did when the previous completed ISOcollab project that was done in record time was titled “PrehISOria”, and that grand-winning entry from last year’s PJ palette competition was Night’s rather phenomenal Equpix15 palette, because that was the one that was fully utilized in the entire making of our own prehistoric world right there from start to finish — fathomless and wildly viscous quicksand-like tar pits, ancient and magnificently towering monuments, splendidly beautiful grand palaces, ravenous blood-thirsty dinosaurs, stunningly amazing gods and goddesses, mysterously strange space aliens, and just everything you could really, really ask for!!!  !!

Having said all of that now, you are gonna really have a helluva great time using my AAP-MajestyXVII palette when the official theme for this rather newest PixelJoint ISOcollab project finally reveals itself very shortly, so do keep a real close watch on that, my most awesome man!!!  !!!

JerryPie (Level 11 Godfather) @ 5/21/2019 16:59

@AdigunPolack - It was a well deserved win, it's a great set of colors! I can't wait to use it on the next ISO collabo. Also happy birthday!

0xDB (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 5/21/2019 12:40

Congrats everyone! Thanks to the jury and thanks to skeddles for adding them all to lospec.

AdigunPolack (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 5/21/2019 12:06

Wow.  JUST FLAT-OUT plain wow.  I am so utterly at a rather loss for words... but in a most spectacularly good way quite immensely indeed, especially since my very newest 2019 AAP-MajestyXVII palette just now turned out to be the official grand winner of this entire 17-color palette competition here on PixelJoint right after the final results were thoroughly tabulated together!!!  !!!

And since this came right at the time where I am JUST about to turn 42 on my very next birthday this upcoming next Tuesday, May 28, 2019, and that this year’s forthcoming newest ISOcollab project is gonna be built entirely using my main winning newest palette there, my, this is far, far, far better a birthday present than I’d’ve ever, EVER hoped for in literally all of my lifetime, let alone decades!!  THANK YOU ALL SO SPLENDIDLY VERY MUCH from the bottom of my rather heart, Gecimen and the whole entire PixelJoint staff, as I am quite truly on top of the world definitely right now for the very first time in literally so many, *many* years since my ancient early DeviantArt days from 2006-2014!!!  !!

And mordfikosz, I gotta thank you also for such an absolutely superb comment about my own AAP-MajestyXVII palette... truly well-appreciated from you, as well!!!  ;)

Xaiue (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 5/21/2019 11:52

Congrats everyone!

I'm looking foreward to witnessing the collaboration!

mordfikosz (Level 4 Deputy) @ 5/21/2019 11:34

Congrats all, especially AdigunPolack for his really well-worked out palette!

SoloSalsero (Level 4 Murderer) @ 5/21/2019 11:01

SoloSalsero (Level 4 Murderer) @ 5/21/2019 07:21

It was really fun. Thank you for the honorable mention, it's really an honor to be among such talented pixel artists

This Week's Pixel Art

Peoplekind ~ <3 icon/pixelartwash it off icon/pixelarta red man in the dark icon/pixelartGohan vs Cell icon/pixelart
Play party games with QuizBash app