Pixel Joint Forum : Pixel Art : Collaborations/Challenges : The Joint
Message Icon Topic: Godzilla room Post Reply Post New Topic
8thMan
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote 8thMan Replybullet Topic: Godzilla room
    Posted: 15 July 2006 at 3:00pm
Hello everyone, a friend of mine told me about this place,and I've got to say that this is a pretty cool idea...so I thought I'd try it out...

IP IP Logged
Aleiav
Commander
Commander

Quote Aleiav Replybullet Posted: 15 July 2006 at 5:50pm
Welcome to PJ!

So far what you've got is pretty interesting, definately a cool concept but it looks like a poor execution. You've got a nice setup but the shading o the buildings are a little off as well as Godzilla's perspective, which should also be isometric. I think just some simple knowledge of isometrics could make you understand a bit more about it. Here's a good guide that might help.

I do think you've got a cool idea so far, but you just need more understanding of isometrics.
IP IP Logged
Blueberry_pie
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Blueberry_pie Replybullet Posted: 16 July 2006 at 1:29am
Yeah, you've got a pretty nice start.
I'd suggest you make Godzilla stand out a bit more. When I first saw the image it took me a while to actually notice him (or her? Only saw a fairly small part of one movie). Maybe some brighter colours or higher contrast would help.
IP IP Logged
Saboteur
Commander
Commander

Quote Saboteur Replybullet Posted: 16 July 2006 at 2:11am
Godzilla is asexual, no?
Yap, make godzilla stand out more.
"I was minding my own business and walking across a pebbled path, and a Duck started giving me the business."
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 16 July 2006 at 9:01am
Great concept. Check your room against the joint template. When coloring the exterior walls you removed some of the outlines ans this may now not fint into the Joint page grid (FYI). The isometrics seem fine to me and facing straight forward (Godzilla) is acceptable in isometric work. It does need to stand out a bit from the surrounding areas. The green on the grass is much too saturated for the rest of the colors. I would suggest some windows on the buildings and a few more trees throughout to further emphasize the scale you have made. KUTGW
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version