Diversions
 Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Diversions
Message Icon Topic: What's your Dream Project? Post Reply Post New Topic
Knightsunder
Midshipman
Midshipman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Knightsunder Replybullet Topic: What's your Dream Project?
    Posted: 26 November 2017 at 10:33pm
What would satisfy you for the rest of your life, if you were to make it? Perhaps in the future, someone will see your post here and ask if you want to help them make something like that. Who knows. If no one else, I'm curious!

Personally, I desperately want to make a side-scroller cyberpunk game, where all the humans have been killed off, and all that remains is cyborgs with human brains, transplanted over 200 years ago. Technically, I'm working on the story for it, but whether or not I'll ever finish is already an oft-occurring daydream.
IP IP Logged
Hapiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Hapiel Replybullet Posted: 27 November 2017 at 10:30am
That's a cool question!

I'm not an active pixel artist, my dream projects in life take place in quite a different art form.. However, more pixel art related: I've been working on and off on this shaft based game for years. Well, mostly off than on. My dream project would involve me leaning back, directing changes and features from a distance. And then spreading it and seeing a lot of people play and enjoy it, hopefully to the extent in which I've enjoyed some similar games! Ultimately I'd want to design an experience, using a game as a tool.

But at the moment I lack the skills to match my perfectionism, and I lack the interest to invest the time to improve the existing work and my skills in this area. I do have a working demo which is really fun, so maybe one day...
IP IP Logged
eishiya
Commander
Commander

Quote eishiya Replybullet Posted: 27 November 2017 at 10:48am
My only "proper" dream project doesn't involve pixel art. It's a comic that I first tried to make 7-8 years ago, and lacked the skill for. I'm approaching the skill level I need, so it's back on my queue of comics to make. After my current comic, I've got another I want to make as writing practice, and after that, it's dream comic time!

I don't have a specific dream project involving pixel art, but I really want to make a game that captures the nostalgia I feel for certain places and stories from my childhood, with pixel art. The game I'm currently working on is an attempt at this. I don't expect it to be completely successful, so I'll probably end up with several games all involving some similar visuals, oops.
Unfortunately, nostalgia can only power the visuals (and sounds, when I get to that), and I'm struggling with gameplay and level design. I've never been any good as a game designer.
IP IP Logged
MrHai
Commander
Commander

Quote MrHai Replybullet Posted: 28 November 2017 at 7:20pm
I have lots of game ideas that tickle my fancy in different, specific ways. The oldest one is a story-heavy (possibly sidescroller) game dealing with racism, establishing/finding cultural identity, and collective atonement/redemption for your culture's past wrongdoings, in which you play the same story from three different perspectives. It would be set in a world with both fantasy and sci-fi elements, and would hopefully subvert some classical fantasy tropes.

eishiya, if you want someone to bounce game design ideas off of, feel free to message me. I'm no expert, but I do have a degree in it, so I must know some things.
"Work is more fun than fun"
-John Cale
IP IP Logged
Iscalio
Commander
Commander

Quote Iscalio Replybullet Posted: 02 December 2017 at 9:04pm
An SRPG with various distinct races/cultures/creature groups.

I would learn all the lessons from what I like about SRPG's and make none of the mistakes they have made.

yup. pretty easy really. :B
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version