Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Diversions
Message Icon Topic: Meet and Greet Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 25 Next >>
White Red Eye
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote White Red Eye Replybullet Posted: 21 November 2014 at 8:26am
Hi everyone, I'm Jason from Perth, Western Australia. 

I'm an absolute beginner to pixel art (and to visual art in general) but I have been looking at a few online tutorials lately and also learning to draw.  I have also been learning a bit of code and eventually I'd like to make games as a hobby, but right now I'm just focusing on improving my basic skills. 

Looking at the quality of the art on the pixel joint gallery I can tell I have a lot of work in front of me!  But I'm looking forward to learning.  Once uni exams are over next week I hope to complete at least one basic project a week, until I have the confidence to take on something a bit more complicated.
IP IP Logged
Da Pope
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Da Pope Replybullet Posted: 28 November 2014 at 4:19pm
Bless you all!
IP IP Logged
Finlal
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Finlal Replybullet Posted: 07 December 2014 at 12:35am
One year on PJ, good time to represent myself.
I'm Alexander from Russia.
Started pixelling about 2 years ago, but took it seriously only at october 2013.

I'm using adobe photoshop cs5. I know that it's heavy thing and there are many good altenatives, but I've already got used to it.
Also recently got myself a paid work with pixels for some game, so lots of practice coming up ahead.
IP IP Logged
Mazmon
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Mazmon Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2014 at 12:34am
Hi, I'm Maz from New Zealand. I've always loved doing pixel art/sprites, and I've joined to be more involved with other people with similar interests. I have certain interests which influence my work and inspire me, but I also like trying new stuff sometimes.
IP IP Logged
PhysX
Seaman
Seaman

Quote PhysX Replybullet Posted: 16 December 2014 at 2:09pm
Hey guys! I'm Domas from Lithuania. I've been spriting since 2008 with fair gaps. Though most of my sprites were styled for so called 2d game named Tibia. Most of those graphics are in 45 angle perspective.
IP IP Logged
mirkats
Seaman
Seaman

Quote mirkats Replybullet Posted: 18 December 2014 at 12:57pm
Hello everybody, aspiring animated and character designer and I am looking to make friends in this community and as will finally improve my work to professional level. Hopefully get to know you guys had a pretty personal level.
IP IP Logged
DimWiddy
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote DimWiddy Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2014 at 2:55pm
Hullo! I'm Will Collins from North Carolina. I started out doing fan stuff for the older 8-bit games but for the past year or so I've started to do my own thing. My dream is to work on video games, acting as a character designer, artist, and composer.
IP IP Logged
Lisac Pisac
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Lisac Pisac Replybullet Posted: 26 December 2014 at 3:32am
Hey everyone.

My name's Roman and I've been interested in spriting and pixel art for the past few years. Sadly, my work ethics is crap so I haven't really pixeled a whole lot. The majority of which was for the picture wars forums. But, I decided that it's time to change all that.

So here I am and I hope that I will actually stick.
IP IP Logged
Kamirose
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Kamirose Replybullet Posted: 04 January 2015 at 1:09pm
Hey, just noticed this thread! I've been making pixel dolls for around ten years now. I took around a three year break from most pixelling, but now I'm trying to branch into from-scratch pixel work. Dolls are fun, but I'd like to be able to show someone something and be able to say that I made ALL of it.

I'm American, but residing in Japan and am somewhat bilingual but not quite fluent yet.
IP IP Logged
TopCake
Seaman
Seaman

Quote TopCake Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2015 at 2:08pm
Hello world

I'm almost completely new to PJ and pixel art in general.

I've done a lot of art outside of pixel art and I hope some of my knowledge will transfer over though I won't hope on it. I just think pixel art will be a good fit for me and I hope I can learn from everyone else here. (and without being too annoying)

Thanks for reading.
IP IP Logged
ThePelicanPirate
Seaman
Seaman

Quote ThePelicanPirate Replybullet Posted: 28 January 2015 at 10:46pm
I didn't think I'd find anyone else on here from Perth! It's a small world indeed.

I'm Jasmine, 18 years old, and also from Perth, Western Australia.
I've been pixelling on and off for a couple of years, though I've been very casual about it. I'm interested in making a game or two somewhere in the future (not as a job, just for the fun of it), though right now I'm just learning the ropes of both coding and more serious pixelart. Other than that I spend a lot of time at uni studying completely pixel-unrelated things. :P

IP IP Logged
Mr_Hk_
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Mr_Hk_ Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2015 at 7:50am
Hey PJ !

I'm Mr_Hk_, but my mama called me Alexis, I'm 32, living in Bordeaux france.
I've been doing indie games for almost 10years now (@MotionTwin), and i'm drawing ever since i've got fingers.
I'm deeply in love with various sprites and I'm looking foward to meet new ones.

Glad to finally post here after so many years sneaking on the gallery.

Take care PJ !
IP IP Logged
RyanCCole
Seaman
Seaman

Quote RyanCCole Replybullet Posted: 05 February 2015 at 11:42pm
Mr_Hk_ your Dark Souls degraded is just, MNF.

Hi hello, I'm here to sharpen up my pixel art skills c:
IP IP Logged
paimon
Seaman
Seaman

Quote paimon Replybullet Posted: 06 February 2015 at 5:05pm
hi there ^o^

im paimon, though my real name is simon.

i want to learn more about pixel art, ive always thought it was so unique and looks like so much work was put into it. i want to improve my skills and whatnot like everyone else.

i am also a digital artist! before starting pixel art, i draw a lot of NPA.
IP IP Logged
Shackhal
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Shackhal Replybullet Posted: 11 February 2015 at 1:35pm
Hello.

I'm Diego, a.k.a Shackhal and I'm from Lima, Peru.

Novice on art, I began doing pixel art seriously since last year, so I have more room to improve. Just yesterday I decided to register here on Pixel Joint.

My objetive is to get a living on pixel art/game-dev as I also make games, using GameMaker Studio.

Glad to be part of this community.
IP IP Logged
Mewie
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Mewie Replybullet Posted: 19 February 2015 at 3:24pm
Howdy!

My name is Mewie, but my real name is Mike.

Just started pushing pixels but I'm a long-time fan of pixel art.

I'm probably the oldest noob in this forum - turning 35. Spent majority of my adult life in the corporate world, got married, have 3-year old twins. Life is good, but been feeling empty inside when it comes to creativity. So that's why I'm here :)

Looking forward to contribute and meeting you inspiring artists!
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 19 February 2015 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Mewie

...I'm probably the oldest noob in this forum - turning 35...

No. Many over 35 here :)
IP IP Logged
Mewie
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Mewie Replybullet Posted: 20 February 2015 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by jalonso

Originally posted by Mewie

...I'm probably the oldest noob in this forum - turning 35...

No. Many over 35 here :)

Wow. Just visited your web site. When I turn 63-years old, I hope to be half as good as you!!!
IP IP Logged
Mirror517
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Mirror517 Replybullet Posted: 05 March 2015 at 11:48am
Just joined a while ago- I don't have anything posted yet, but I have a few projects in the works.
I've been doing pixel art casually for a few years, but I've still got a ton to learn, and I'm looking forward to contributing here!
IP IP Logged
bittersweet_batty
Seaman
Seaman

Quote bittersweet_batty Replybullet Posted: 18 March 2015 at 12:14am
Hey everyone, I've been here a short while, I go by bittersweet_batty here or by SUPER LUSH FEVER DREAM on tumblr, or just SUPERLUSHFEVER on twitter. Or supersuicidal on reddit.

Or, there's my other tumblr handle, where I reblog everyone else's art: lushtothetouch

So, my handles are a god damn mess, and I make pixel art and sometimes non-pixel art. I've gotten some good feedback here since I've started posting, nice to be part of the site.

Edited by bittersweet_batty - 18 March 2015 at 12:24am
IP IP Logged
cmmrc
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote cmmrc Replybullet Posted: 18 March 2015 at 4:23am
Well, hi!
I'm Brian and a 23 year old university student from Germany. I study Design, which means that I only ever take Illustration, film and game design courses anyway. I'm also organizing everything to start my doctorate in media studies asap, so sometimes I get in the habit of writing unfittingly academically. I'm an aspiring Illustrator and working hard to publish (very very unfunny) comics in the future, and so the medium I use professionally is usually pencil, ink, markers and tangible paper. Pixel art is more of a hobby for me since it's such a stark contrast to how I usually work, and I've been trying to teach myself the ropes since around 5 years back. Since my peers are mostly either writers or painters, I felt it was finally time to get some more insight and join a community where people really knew what they were talking about when it comes to pixels. 
Probably the most important thing to know when making a picture of me is that I'm an absolute Horror nut with an almost equally huge weakness for the victorian aesthetic. That means that if you're ever looking for a Horror movie (or book, or game) suggestion, oh boy, do you have two hours so I can talk your ears off?
IP IP Logged
jawsh
Seaman
Seaman

Quote jawsh Replybullet Posted: 30 March 2015 at 7:53am
Hi all!

I'm new to Pixel Joint, though I've been a bit of a lurker for many years now. Thought it was time to finally make an account and share with you.

A bit about me: I've been working as a freelance illustrator for almost ten years now. Mostly stuff for magazines and print, such as WIRED magazine, Owl, and so on.

Anyway, I've always been a huge game nerd and really want to break into the industry. I know I have the general creativity, quality and drive to do it, I just need to create a few assets to truly prove it. ANYWAY, I have been working on a portfolio of development/concept art related work that I'll shop around, and thought I'd push some pixels while I'm at it.

Anyway, keep it real!
IP IP Logged
PowderedCrab
Seaman
Seaman

Quote PowderedCrab Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2015 at 11:05am
Howdy everyone!

I'm new here, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I've been a huge fan of pixel art for years, and I thought I'd finally take a crack at it myself. I've spent the past several months familiarizing myself with a lot of websites, tutorials, and programs. Now I'm finally ready to start submitting some work for feedback! :-D

I'm really excited to be a part of the community here.
IP IP Logged
RetroFeather
Seaman
Seaman

Quote RetroFeather Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2015 at 9:19pm
Hola!

I'm RetroFeather, or Alejandro, from Mexico. I'm only 16 years old but I've been fascinated by pixel art since I remember.

I never did pixel art until a few months ago, after watching lots of tutorials. Since October of the last year I've been doing sprites, but never actually put a lot of time into it, maybe 1 hour per week, so I don't have improved a lot, but I hope that I will be able to do things as awesome as the images on the PJ gallery.

I have a dA with the same name as here, where I have been upoading my work.
IP IP Logged
linkboy84
Commander
Commander

Quote linkboy84 Replybullet Posted: 15 May 2015 at 10:08am
Hey there. I'm Linkboy84, known as "Link" or "Linkeh" by some of my other more, how should I put this, "ecstatic" friends that I have had the pleasure of knowing the last 3 or 4 (?) years

Gaming Profile
As a gamer, or anything on or related to the internet, I am known as Linkboy84.
      Minecraft
      My Minecraft personality is one of my main internet interests. My Minecraft life is one that I hold dear to my heart (Is that weird?).

Personal Profile
As well, if some of you more nosy (joke) people out there want to know more, here it is. My name is Reilley Scott Turner and I have ADHD and Aspergers Syndrome, as well as a smidge bit of a temper. And to top it all off, I'm a blonde, but also male. I don't know what that means, if I'm stereotypical stupid or if that only applies to female blondes. All that said, I am a very interesting person.

That's me

But you didn't read this post for my Gaming life, or my Personal life. You came here for my pixel art life, didn't you? Well, here it is.

Pixel Art Profile
I have had a long history with Pixel Art, but have only gotten serious recently. With the semi-recent discovery of physical and graphic art (Drawing, Photoshop), it was only natural for me to get back into Pixel Art. And back into Pixel Art I have gotten. Some of my more recent work, while still being Minecraft related, are example such as these.

I am inspired by Minecraft pixel artists such as the Dokucraft team, as well as Vattic, the artist of the Faithful resource pack.

Well, that's all for now, so I shall leave you all with this to cheer you all up.

Edited by linkboy84 - 15 May 2015 at 10:12am
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 19 June 2015 at 5:17am
Welcome all new PJers.
IP IP Logged
Schazer
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Schazer Replybullet Posted: 21 June 2015 at 9:50am
Totally not just posting here to bump up my post count out of approval-required territory :P

I'm Schazer, I'm 23, I'm a New Zealander living in Japan and a dabbler in pixelart when I'm not dabbling in writing/needle-felting/sewing/crocheting/making nominal use of my conservation+ecology major.

I like bugs, birds, and other beasts. Pixelart's main draw for me as a hobbyist-artist is the restrictions upon colour and placement - I get bogged down by choice and minutiae, so having some of my options taken care of from the get-go helps with that.
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 23 June 2015 at 4:44am
Originally posted by Schazer

Totally not just posting here to bump up my post count out of approval-required territory :P

Welcome Schazer...so...what's new?
IP IP Logged
Pithless
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Pithless Replybullet Posted: 09 July 2015 at 5:00am
Hey guys, my name's Pithless but my real name's Chris.

I'm 17. Always been interested in art but my parents wouldn't let me do anything but study in my spare time when I was little so now that I've got a mind of my own, I'mma study pixel art lolol. Just started pixel art but I stumbled across this site and I've fallen in love with the community so I thought I'd join

Turns out I'm pretty bad at drawing hahaha
.. Haha .. Ha...

I hope to get to know some of you guys while I improve my pixeling!
IP IP Logged
render8
Seaman
Seaman

Quote render8 Replybullet Posted: 13 July 2015 at 12:37pm
Hey all, render8 here. Just signed up today. Never even heard of this site until about 2 days ago when I was doing some google searching for pixel art tutorials. I'm still new to pixel art drawing though I've looked at quite a bit of pixel art over the years. Never really had much of an interest in actually doing pixel art until recently. I just decided to start messing around in graphicsgale killing some time recently, and then pretty much have been hooked. Hopefully I can start making some stuff that might be worthy of showing people, but I don't think that's gonna be anytime real soon, who knows.
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 13 July 2015 at 2:43pm
Welcome all new PJers.
Don't be shy post your WIPs and get feedback.
IP IP Logged
Hug
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Hug Replybullet Posted: 13 July 2015 at 4:41pm
Heya, my name is Max Vulchyn and I am newbie in pixel art.
I'm graphic designer. Studying at University of Information Technology and Management in Rzeszow, Poland.
I was born in Kyiv, Ukraine 18 years ago.
Thank you PJ for teaching me what real pixel art is.
Visit my PJ Gallery. Always glad to see good comments and constructive crit.
Here's some my latest works just to give you the vector of my art.
(Sorry for my low english)

IP IP Logged
Andrade
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Andrade Replybullet Posted: 17 July 2015 at 11:29am
Hi my name is Filipe and Andrade is my actual last name, i am from Brazil and been studying pixel art for some months now and i am very happy for finding PJ.

I'm totally trying to bump myself out of seaman lvl cause i think i cant start a topic till them. I want to share a project I'm working on and receive feedback on it. Here is a sneak peak...

Edited by Andrade - 17 July 2015 at 12:20pm
IP IP Logged
jalonso
Admiral
Admiral

Quote jalonso Replybullet Posted: 20 July 2015 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Andrade

I'm totally trying to bump myself out of seaman lvl cause i think i cant start a topic till them. I want to share a project I'm working on and receive feedback on it.

You can start a WIP thread, post, comment and anything else you want. We approve new posts and comments all the time from real PJers.
IP IP Logged
SnowOwl
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote SnowOwl Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2015 at 2:09am
Hello everyone.
just wanted to say hi, I'm relatively new to pixel art so go easy on me, okay?
IP IP Logged
sriden
Seaman
Seaman

Quote sriden Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2015 at 6:23am
Hello SnowOwl.
I've just signed up as well, so hi everyone. I'm sriden, making amateur games and pixel arts for it, among other things.

Coming here to show a team project of a video game we just finished translating in english, Zizka took part in it and I know he's around here :D, so maybe some of the screenshots will ring a bell to some of you guys.

IP IP Logged
MusicallyInspired
Seaman
Seaman

Quote MusicallyInspired Replybullet Posted: 20 August 2015 at 11:38pm
Hello, everyone. My name is Brandon and I'm from Canada! I usually work with music more than anything else and have worked on a few game soundtracks both volunteer and commercial, but every now and then I get this itch to do something with art as well. Sometimes it manifests itself as sketching, sometimes as game art for outdated game engine fangames I tinker with, and sometimes as pixel art. It fascinates me as I have a need to understand things. I have so many interests that I go through many phases of hobbies, but recently I've been growing particularly fond of pixel artwork combined with colour cycling which has driven me to research more about art, shading, colour selection, and technique than I've ever been interested in before.

I've been working with Sierra's SCI1.1 engine (Space Quest 5, King's Quest 6, Leisure Suit Larry 6, etc) and experimenting with colour cycling possibilities. This led me to (re)discover the amazing works of Mark Ferrari both in his days at LucasArts and some of the other work he's done from the 90s with Deluxe Paint, as well as the work he's currently doing for Ron Gilbert's Kickstarted old-school inspired Thimbleweed Park adventure game. I've discovered the amazing GraFX 2 program (as well as having enjoyed fiddling with Deluxe Paint since I was a child). This has evoked a desire to try my hand at my own works again. I may lurk quite a lot and just absorb everything and learn, but I love this style of artwork and I love all the work and effort put into this community and its gallery! I've been working on a picture which I may upload for critique and advice in the near future as I work on it in my spare time. For now, though, I'm just enjoying the quality work here! Thanks for existing!

Edited by MusicallyInspired - 20 August 2015 at 11:40pm
IP IP Logged
Perplex
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Perplex Replybullet Posted: 23 August 2015 at 8:50am
Hey! I'm Perplex, signed up yesterday. Not exactly new to pixel art. as I occasionally make some small experiments, but I rarely actually finish something.

I've been lurking around for a while, and recently decided to join and give pixeling a try as well.
IP IP Logged
strawbaya
Seaman
Seaman

Quote strawbaya Replybullet Posted: 10 September 2015 at 12:42pm
Hello! I'm Kacie. I spent a lot of time dolling when I was a kid and kind of fell out of practice as I got older (you can see my old dolls on dangerful.deviantart.com - they are not great lol)

I am trying to get back into it specifically from a sprite making perspective. Looking to improve, and would really love critique :) I'm currently working on sprites for a Madoka sidescroller that will, in all likelihood, never get made... but it's a nice side project.
IP IP Logged
Neoriceisgood
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Neoriceisgood Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2015 at 3:39am
What's up Pixeljointers? I'm Neoriceisgood.

I've been on pixeljoint as a lurker for a long time, but never noticed there's a forum.
IP IP Logged
XZero260
Seaman
Seaman

Quote XZero260 Replybullet Posted: 13 October 2015 at 11:38am
So after getting 6points I just wanna say Hello
I am Clay, I make pixel art and pixel art accessories.
I'm also new to game developing and music making.
Nice to meet you all.
IP IP Logged
MikePixel
Commander
Commander

Quote MikePixel Replybullet Posted: 14 October 2015 at 9:21pm
I should prob post here!

Hi I'm Michael, Conker, whatever. I love pixel art, and I like to make art for games.
IP IP Logged
FluffyOne
Seaman
Seaman

Quote FluffyOne Replybullet Posted: 24 October 2015 at 10:53am
Alright, guess I should post myself into this stuff as well. Nice to meet ya' folks, I have no bloody idea what I'm doing here and if you ask me the difference between saturation and hue I'd probably still confuse the two of them for the next week or so.

Took an interest in pixel art as of recently because, simply put, if I see another human being in a video game drawn as one smaller rectangle stacked atop a bigger rectangle with two rectangles stapled together for hair I will lose my bloody mind.
IP IP Logged
Howling
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Howling Replybullet Posted: 13 November 2015 at 3:35am
Even though I signed up to PixelJoint 10 years ago, I don't remember posting in the forums. So I thought I'd stop by and say hello... again.

Hello!
IP IP Logged
vvight
Seaman
Seaman

Quote vvight Replybullet Posted: 05 January 2016 at 2:01pm
Hi, nice to meet you all. I'm new here, wanting to improve and appreciative of the community - especially suggestions and criticism. I come from a background of mainly 16x16 or 20x20 sprites for old rpg engines like OHRRPGCE, but I want to get a bit more serious.

Cheers :o3
IP IP Logged
Caladium
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Caladium Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2016 at 2:37pm
Hello, I've just joined. I hope I can get some feedback on my pixel stuff and meet other artists.

I've been very busy with making graphics for a game. RPG games are my favorite to draw for, or to play.  ^-^
IP IP Logged
Dr.Yoda
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Dr.Yoda Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2016 at 8:13pm
Hello,
I'm a 20 year old student attending ASU studying Software Engineering. I've always loved pixel art but only recently have started making some of my own. I would love feedback on my creations!
IP IP Logged
Mandrill
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Mandrill Replybullet Posted: 28 May 2016 at 3:44pm
Welcome to PJ, everybody!

We are glad to have you hear.
IP IP Logged
Kazekai
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Kazekai Replybullet Posted: 20 June 2016 at 10:19am
hi, joined yesterday, been lurking the site for about 10 years, mostly came here because uploading pixel art to dA seemed like a bad idea (without warping it and making it uglier so it's harder to steal) and partly because this was where I originally learned to sprite so I guess it's partly nostalgia?

Anyway what's up with the avatar system? For one, trying to click the link in the set avatar area gives me a 500 error and for another, do I seriously have to tick "let everyone use this sprite as their avatar" in order to set one of my own works as my own? Is there a way I can keep my art unique to me? I don't want 500 people using the same avatar as me, it waters down my identity too much.
IP IP Logged
Auldpix
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Auldpix Replybullet Posted: 08 September 2016 at 2:44pm
Hey folks, newish to PJ and newish to PIxel Art in General. I'm a 24 year old 3D Artist with a hobby in Pixel art, living in Manchester.

Decided to join and immerse myself in the community here and improve my abilities. Pixel Art has something captivating about it that I don't seem to get from other mediums, it's cool!
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 25 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version