Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Diversions
Message Icon Topic: Meet and Greet Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 25
Whisper
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 09 September 2016 at 4:10am
Hi everyone, I barely knew and join PJ the other days.

I'm new into Pixel art, animation and game developing hoping to improve my knowledge and skill from you all. Thanks! :)
IP IP Logged
mioscene
Seaman
Seaman

Quote mioscene Replybullet Posted: 09 September 2016 at 11:13am
Hi everyone! (hehe, always forget to do the whole introduction thing)

I've been pixelling for about a year and a half (unless you count a handful of terrible attempts before that), and I joined PJ because I really want to start getting out of my comfort zone and honing in on my technique! I hope to learn a lot from everyone here and make some friends along the way! :D
IP IP Logged
pjkilby
Seaman
Seaman

Quote pjkilby Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2016 at 1:43am
G'Day Pixel Joint,

My name is Phillip Kilby I am nearly twenty-one years of age. I reside in Brisbane, Queensland Australia and I have an everlasting love of MMOCCs. I spend most of my time working on my game project http://sivicity.com as well as working and studying full-time. If you would like to discuss anything in relation to any of this hit me up!

Twitter: pjkilby

IP IP Logged
Zemo
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Zemo Replybullet Posted: 23 October 2016 at 9:21am
Hi everone, I joined PJ in 2014 but I became an active user right now hehehe...

My name is Gabriel, I live in Brazil, and I've been pixelling (actually trying to) since 2014, I hope to meet some other nice people here and learn many things with you all!
IP IP Logged
Nirwanda
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Nirwanda Replybullet Posted: 02 November 2016 at 3:54pm
Hello, you can call me Nirwandaand I'm from Argentina. I haven't pixelled much, but I've enjoyed doing it so far. I hope to learn from you guys. Cya around :)
IP IP Logged
vertibirdo
Seaman
Seaman

Quote vertibirdo Replybullet Posted: 04 November 2016 at 5:18am
Hi there! I was posting pixels for quite a while here, but never knew that here was "meet&greet" thread.

My name is Aleksei, I'm from Russia.
I like to make short looped animations and put a music to them later.
A lot of good artists here and there inspire me to draw, despite some vision problems. And I hope that my works get better.

Nice to meet y'all.

IP IP Logged
Heehahou
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Heehahou Replybullet Posted: 11 December 2016 at 1:25pm
Hi, I'm Marcel, from chile.

I wanna get into gamedev and Pixel Art, I'm a graphic designer so I have a notion about graphic solutions and multi software, i'm currently on and bad phase on my life, and Pixel art looks like a great way to distract myself, looks hard though.

Cheers.
IP IP Logged
Zeshio
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Zeshio Replybullet Posted: 17 December 2016 at 3:01pm
Hello everyone!

I'm Phil, from Washington State, in the US.

I've always loved pixel art, just haven't got into actually doing it until this last year started rolling around. I'm trying to pick up a bunch of stuff and learn as I go. I'm always inspired to see the great work that comes from everyone here!

I have always been into art as a hobby for all my life, but currently trying to get a little more serious with it. I do icon design and table top character design in my spare time, and use Adobe Illustrator a lot. I use Pyxel Edit right now for my pixel work, I liked it the most out of the ones I've tried so far (although I'd like to get my hands on Aseprite when it goes on Steam sale).

Other than that, I'm married, my wife and I both love gaming, and I look forward to learning more from everyone!
IP IP Logged
RetroBoy
Seaman
Seaman

Quote RetroBoy Replybullet Posted: 27 December 2016 at 10:12am
Originally posted by pjkilby

G'Day Pixel Joint,

My name is Phillip Kilby I am nearly twenty-one years of age. I reside in Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Twitter: pjkilby

Another Aussie!

I am from New South Wales. I  lived in Brisbane for nearly six years. ^_^
IP IP Logged
Flaterectomy
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Flaterectomy Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2017 at 11:41am
Hi All :)

My name's Michiel and I hail from The Netherlands.

I've been playing around with pixel art since my Amiga days back in the 90's. It then kind of took a back seat to other game-related hobbies, mostly 3D level design. I released a level called Caged which was published with the FPS/RTS game Natural Selection 2 last year. I've been getting back into it however, and did pixel art for various Ludum Dare games over the last few years, most recently for LD37 a game called I Clean Toilet.

I've been logging my (visual) projects in my portfolio recently: http://portfolio.flaterectomy.com

I hope to get good constructive critiques on whatever I post, and will venture to be as helpful as I possibly can in return. :)
IP IP Logged
frostbp@gmail.com
Seaman
Seaman

Quote frostbp@gmail.com Replybullet Posted: 24 January 2017 at 4:16pm
Hi!

My name is Paweł:) I live in Poland. I mostly work in web media and graphic design but I also like just to draw:)

When I was a kid (back in the 90's) I had a NES-clone which developed my love for classic 8-bit pixel art design. I've done my first pixel art related work in 1997 in MS Paint. Of course back then I didn't know this was pixel art. I've just drawn something I saw in a NES game:)

Today pixel art is for me a way to express myself. I'm also disabled and my physical fitness is geting lower by the years. Especialy with my hands. But pixel art and it's ways is still accesible for me so 2 years ago I've started to draw this way:)

You can find my work here: http://pix86.tumblr.com/
IP IP Logged
bongun4
Seaman
Seaman

Quote bongun4 Replybullet Posted: 23 February 2017 at 9:02am
Hi everyone, Yanyi here from Canada. I enjoy browsing pixel art and have been a long time lurker in PJ. after some time, I got lost in the comings and goings of life and found PJ again just a few days back. I restarted by posting in the weekly challenge and then an avatar.

Quick question though, how long is it usually before an art gets approved?
IP IP Logged
mccoyed
Seaman
Seaman

Quote mccoyed Replybullet Posted: 16 March 2017 at 5:40pm
Hi all, longtime lurker and dabbler. Also from Canada where I am currently finishing up my education degree. I am still waiting for approval on a test sprite I put in my gallery (didn't want to bombard the site or anything). I will be sure to upload more when I get approval.

I am mostly learning pixel art through asset creation on the RMVXACE platform. I have always loved pixel art driven games and find myself drawn to indie games with great pixel art, such as Starbound, Terraria, and others. I'm still learning how to discern "great", though, so forgive me if those games are considered lower tier.
IP IP Logged
abominable_snowflake
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote abominable_snowflake Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2017 at 2:51pm
Здравствуйте! 你好! Hello!

Augusta here! I drift around a lot and I seem to have landed in Canada for the time being. I have been doodling and spriting for years and I only now bothered to join a community about it-- I am not entirely certain as to why it took so long..

Anyway, I am working on a game of sorts on my own which I have been creating assets for and thought I might try to display some of them here. I have been making my own engine for it, too, in Python, which I have since learned was a mistake but as they say, "Hindsight is 20/20."

I work mostly with ASEprite, but I make a bit of art and effects in code as well. Obviously, I cannot post that stuff here, but if you are interested, I have a bit of a weblog going: https://view-from-a-warm-place.tumblr.com/ Take a look, if you like!~

I have drawn a lot of inspiration from games like Metal Slug and Sam and Max: Hit the Road and Soul Nomad, but I like lower-fidelity stuff too, like Nuclear Throne or either of the Princess Remedy games or Risk of Rain.

Onward! Давайте познакомимся! Nice to meet you all!
IP IP Logged
XLEdwards91
Seaman
Seaman

Quote XLEdwards91 Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2017 at 12:39am
Hello everyone, my name is Xavier. Just a fairly new Pixel Artist trying to better his skills to one day make his dream game and some easy on the eyes Pixel Art. With the rise and popularity of pixel games recently, I'd thought I'd get back into trying Pixel Art again, but man, I'm rusty(not like I was extremely good in the first place anyways).

I dabble with Piskel, Paint.NET and just recently Aseprite.

I hope I can learn some more from everyone here!
IP IP Logged
ndnNinja
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote ndnNinja Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2017 at 3:58pm
Hey all. My name is Branden and I'm a game developer still learning the way of the pixel. Currently working on my first mobile title but still need to up my animation and coloring skills before I can consider it finished.
IP IP Logged
OrangeNote
Seaman
Seaman

Quote OrangeNote Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:14pm
Hi everyone! I'm OrangeNote, a Computer Science student from Italy with passion for graphic design and other creative stuff.

I visited Pixel Joint many times in the past and it has always been a great source of inspiration for me! Only these days I felt the urge to register to the forum and share some thoughts and works with the community.

I'm preparing my next post about WonderYard, a personal project I care a lot. I need your advice!
IP IP Logged
Arvester
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Arvester Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:19pm
Hello, everybody. I'm Arvester, from France.
I'm pretty new at pixel art but I want to learn as it was always a dream for me. There's magic in this few squares !
I play old games since forever and discovered the Virtual Boy a few years ago. And I think that 3D pixel art is amazing (seriously, you have to try it ! :p) So I ended drawing for a new game for Virtual Boy. As I'm not allowed to show what I do for it, I will share my other experiments, to improve my poor skills ^^
IP IP Logged
pigus123
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote pigus123 Replybullet Posted: 26 June 2017 at 7:05am
Hi! My name is Maciek.
I'm from Warsaw, Poland.
I'm 26 yo.

I've used to do a lot of emoticons couple years ago but always wanted to make something bigger and more complex.
After long break from creating anything i'm back. And since i'm changing my job for more creative one, i have to warm up :D

i have no drawing skills, no talent and my english is very poor latly ;)
But i'm here and i'll do my best to make fast progress in both: art and language :D
IP IP Logged
Flammifer
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Flammifer Replybullet Posted: 08 October 2017 at 2:40am
Hi folks. I haven't posted here since 2005 :D
IP IP Logged
essadege
Seaman
Seaman

Quote essadege Replybullet Posted: 24 October 2017 at 2:09am
Hi ho, Sergi Diaz from Barcelona, Spain here.

I'm a graphic designer and animator working full time, so didn't even remembered I had an account and some flawed art put on.

Trying to improve myself!
IP IP Logged
Kicked-in-teeth
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Kicked-in-teeth Replybullet Posted: 26 November 2017 at 1:18pm
Hello, my name is George i'm 22 a professional illustrator and wanting to break into the more animated and game art side of pixel art, always trying to improve!
IP IP Logged
Hapiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Hapiel Replybullet Posted: 26 November 2017 at 1:59pm
Welcome guys! I'm glad to have you around :)
IP IP Logged
Tenebrae
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Tenebrae Replybullet Posted: 13 January 2018 at 3:05pm
Hello Friends

My name is Mike, I'm a full time freelance illustrator in the pen and paper and boardgame industry. I've always loved pixel art from afar and have decided I want to start taking part as well as admire. I've had a lot to learn so far, but really enjoying the experience.
IP IP Logged
Hapiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Hapiel Replybullet Posted: 13 January 2018 at 4:38pm
Welcome mike :)
It's always a pleasure to have professionals on board!
IP IP Logged
Tenebrae
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Tenebrae Replybullet Posted: 13 January 2018 at 5:02pm
Ha, that term makes me sound like I know what I'm doing. My jaw drops pretty much everytime I check out the galleries. So many incredible artists here. 
IP IP Logged
megaoy
Midshipman
Midshipman

Online Status: Online
Quote megaoy Replybullet Posted: 02 March 2018 at 9:54am
hello my name is Eduardo Sousa, i beginner pixel artist , but hope here to make greater connections and become good artist in the future
IP IP Logged
Irenaart
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Irenaart Replybullet Posted: 02 March 2018 at 10:13am
Welcome aboard, Eduardo! I hope that you will become a good pixel artist. You are on the right place for it.
IP IP Logged
Cathoderay
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Cathoderay Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2018 at 3:04pm
Hello All, I'm new as well, Found a copy of grafx2 by accident now I'm hooked again, I used to doodle on dpaint on my amiga way back when I was 14. I'm 38 now lmao. anyone my wife likes my new hobby, it keeps me quiet...
IP IP Logged
ninjanien
Seaman
Seaman

Quote ninjanien Replybullet Posted: 24 April 2018 at 3:03am
Hello everyone! My name is Nina, I'm 18 years old and I come from The Netherlands. For my study I'm focusing on becoming a 3D artist, and I want to experiment with giving my models a pixel-art texture, but I also enjoy making 2D pixel art :)
IP IP Logged
Hapiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Hapiel Replybullet Posted: 24 April 2018 at 3:44am
Welkom Nina ;), and a belated welcome to cathoderay!

Cool, there is a lot of stuff one can do with 3D, and I see more and more cross over projects with pixel art which I find really exciting! Good luck on your studies and I'm looking forward to see more of your work in the gallery

IP IP Logged
SageHapuiaJDJ
Seaman
Seaman

Quote SageHapuiaJDJ Replybullet Posted: 16 June 2018 at 12:11pm
Hi!

My name is Sage and I'm from Alabama. I've been doing sprites and pixel art for about 6-7 years now and I really enjoy it. I hope to improve here and learn a lot more! ^^
IP IP Logged
Sir_sponge76
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Sir_sponge76 Replybullet Posted: 28 July 2018 at 1:38am
Hello, I am a pixel artist that does pixel art on mobile and is interested in game development but can't because I don't have a home computer.
IP IP Logged
PixelMart
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote PixelMart Replybullet Posted: 15 August 2018 at 12:49am
Hello, my name is actually Michael and not Mart.

but as a username Pixel - M(ichael) -art = PixelMart
seemed more fitting :D

I'm new to pixelart but i hope to learn it for being able to create sprite-sheets and tile sets for a game.

since I dream about creating a Game or more Games in my life. I might have no experience in pixelart but worked with digital drawing in photoshop, clipstudio or krita.
And tried to get into basics with 3D sculpting with real clay or digital in zBrush.

I thin I will learn a lot here with pixelart which will enhance my usual drawings and sculpting too.

IP IP Logged
pxlprincess
Seaman
Seaman

Quote pxlprincess Replybullet Posted: 16 August 2018 at 2:10pm
Hi, I'm Andrea. I'm 31 going on 31 here in a few months. I am new to pixel art for the most part though I do/have done digital dolling/pixel shading dolls in the past as well as recently. 
IP IP Logged
Pikaychu
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Pikaychu Replybullet Posted: 23 August 2018 at 9:15am
Hello folks!

First, I'm excited to be here. I'm loving pixel art and am more or less trying to become a pixel artist myself. I just discovered this forum and was very happy to find a central place with many great artists to share this passion and to look up to!

My name is Kay (hence my username), I am from germany and i am 26 years old.

I'm fairly new to pixel art, so my skills are heavily in development. I hope my time here with you guys will change that! :)

I'm excited!
IP IP Logged
axoeu
Seaman
Seaman

Quote axoeu Replybullet Posted: 22 September 2018 at 10:02pm
Hello!

My name is Joshua, I'm an artist from New York / Pennsylvania.

I found PixelJoint a long time ago, I even created an account. But at that time I was not ready to explore this world.

I got my BFA (Art Degree) a few years back, focusing mainly on Sculpture and Print-Making. I spent a lot of time in the digital media department, it almost became my third major.

Despite my background in traditional arts, I strongly believe digital media is the future, and a very exciting future too! Pixel Art strongly appeals to my intuitions as a print maker - attention to detail, line, and procedure is very important.

My hope is to one day combine my interests in digital media with my love of programming and sculpture. I want to build robots that are beautiful and covered with oled devices displaying all sorts of crazy pixel art.

I spend a lot of time programming, my dream is to one day build a game of my own that will feature lot of pixel art. My favorite language is Javascript (because I really do think it's an excellent language, but also because I love the web.)

I have the most experience (approx ~2 years) with C#. I like it quite a lot, but not quite as much as I like Javascript. 

Pixel Joint is a community of people I highly respect, time and time again, I find works hear that literally steal my breath. I am being dramatic, certainly - but this world is just so full of curious and absolutely brilliant people!

I look forward to getting to know all of you better, I am so happy to see this art form flourishing the way that it does here - it's truly amazing!

IP IP Logged
MalevolentMask
Seaman
Seaman

Quote MalevolentMask Replybullet Posted: 20 October 2018 at 9:00am
I'm not sure if I ever introduced myself?

My name is Sarah! (Boev, Mal or Sarahboev works fine too!) I got my start wayyyyy back when with Micro Heroes, moved to Dolls and then just started making my own stuff.

I was always kinda "eh" about posting on PJ but i've been much more comfortable doing so lately.

Besides that, I went to school for game design and favour 2D stuff but occasionally do 3D. If you wanna see more of my work here's my general portfolio annnnd here's my pixel portfolio
IP IP Logged
rsvpasap
Seaman
Seaman

Quote rsvpasap Replybullet Posted: 27 December 2018 at 2:49pm
Hi guys!

I'm Angie & I'm a freelance pixel artist from Canada. I currently do work for a small indie studio but I'm always looking to learn new skills & meet new folks with similar interests!

I also do a little bit of gamedev on the side for fun, mainly playing with GMS!

My social media presence is lacking but I'm most active on twitter
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 25
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version