Pixel Joint Forum : The Lounge : Diversions
Message Icon Topic: Meet and Greet Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 25 Next >>
Moonstrider
Seaman
Seaman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Moonstrider Replybullet Posted: 08 August 2005 at 10:38am

Hello everyone... I'm new here (oh really?  )

I've been pixeling for about a year or something. I don't really remember how long...

I hope this place will be a lot of fun. :)

IP IP Logged
Zoomrix
Commander
Commander

Quote Zoomrix Replybullet Posted: 08 August 2005 at 11:14am
I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work. Welcome to the boards I hope you have fun here two.
IP IP Logged
MrTroy
Seaman
Seaman

Quote MrTroy Replybullet Posted: 08 August 2005 at 2:25pm
Hello everyone... I'm MrTroy

I've been a long time lurker at Pixelation, and accidently found this spot last night. I won't really say much but I'll be around. I believe every indie project is still a project that needs to be finished.

I'm not a pixel artist(I am an artist in my own way), I'm a programmer(But then again how many people aren't?) And I just hope to have fun here.
IP IP Logged
Blueberry_pie
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Quote Blueberry_pie Replybullet Posted: 09 August 2005 at 3:42am
Welcome to the forums, you two :)
IP IP Logged
Wannahlakujuu
Commander
Commander

Quote Wannahlakujuu Replybullet Posted: 10 August 2005 at 8:22pm

Hi I am Wannahlakujuu, and I'm fairly new, and i suck at pixel art. Thank You, goodbye

IP IP Logged
Kirra
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Kirra Replybullet Posted: 11 August 2005 at 1:47pm
hmmmm whats your name supposed to mean? I thought it said. Wanna huck a loogie at first but then i realized i was wrong. x_X anyways. Welcome aboard. I suck at pixel art too. :D but am too lazy to post it. 
IP IP Logged
Wannahlakujuu
Commander
Commander

Quote Wannahlakujuu Replybullet Posted: 11 August 2005 at 5:53pm

It isnt supposed to mean anything, i just made it up for a drawing of a disturbed fortune teller guy with a very stylin' turban

Edit: Oh, and I'm czech too, and part german

Edited by Wannahlakujuu
IP IP Logged
Cryssy
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Cryssy Replybullet Posted: 11 August 2005 at 10:52pm

Um well Hi

My name is Sarah....I go by Cryssy that started when I was 15. I am 19 now. I am a sophomore in college. I love pixels and pixel art.....I have had dreams about pixel art..Does that mean I am weird? But I love all art.umm umm ummm *gets shy* I don't know what else to say. Errr I like the color blue....errr I am Irish too XD lol

Gah I look horrible but yea that's me..........*runs off to hide now*

IP IP Logged
Omegavolt
Commander
Commander

Quote Omegavolt Replybullet Posted: 11 August 2005 at 11:15pm

Originally posted by zi

Omegavolt I lost you in DA, but glad to meet you here, another person who get used with cold

Good to hear from you again mate.  Ive been so busy. :P

IP IP Logged
massy
Seaman
Seaman

Quote massy Replybullet Posted: 13 August 2005 at 3:19pm
Hello there!!!!

I'm Massy... new here, I like pixels and art in general...

and... no photo for the moment
IP IP Logged
OMGFossil
Commander
Commander

Quote OMGFossil Replybullet Posted: 16 August 2005 at 12:42am

'Lo. I'm OMGFossil, some of you have seen my works at PJ, I'm age 14, been spriting for two years. I reside in Australia.

I've wasted my life on video games starting the age of 3 and I am pursuing my crazy dream of being the greatest pixel artist in the world, no really. Anyways... I uh, like Anime and rock music, hate rap and the media.

Edited by OMGFossil
IP IP Logged
leel
Commander
Commander

Quote leel Replybullet Posted: 19 August 2005 at 1:04pm

well... I've been around for a little while, but I didn't have any recent pics (until today that is)

So, hi :) I'm leel.  I'm new to pixel art so i'm pretty much a waste of gallery space right now but I learn quick, so watch out. Before I found this place I didn't even know there were pure pixel art communities (I've been brainwashed by the dolls, not my fault )

Edited by leel
IP IP Logged
DarkXanatos
Seaman
Seaman

Quote DarkXanatos Replybullet Posted: 21 August 2005 at 6:53am
Well Hi Im from Spain by currently live in Portugal, I'm new in pixelart still learning the basics with my teacjer, Pekarren Mikko, and well i join this community to see jobs of pixelcandy and tu learn new tricks.
IP IP Logged
sylver
Seaman
Seaman

Quote sylver Replybullet Posted: 21 August 2005 at 8:22am
Hi im silver and im from estonia. I still a beginner in pixel art  but im learning fast  i think.
IP IP Logged
inkspot
Commander
Commander

Quote inkspot Replybullet Posted: 23 August 2005 at 11:05am
Hoplaa-dooo, my dear pixelpeople!

My name is Taavi and I come from faaaaaar away land called, hmm, what was it now.. eeh.... Estonia!

17 year old laizy pixeler with no pixels...
IP IP Logged
randomblink
Commander
Commander

Quote randomblink Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2005 at 10:41am
Greetings one and all...

I have been slowly absorbing everything pixel that I can... I'm a 34 year old Office Admin working for City Government. My desire is to program webb-apps but I love to do games as well....

I got into pixelart because I have decent artistic talent, and I love tiny things. I am working on a game right now, if you're familiar with www.warfleet.com, it has influenced me alot. It SHOULD be a MMORPG set in space and I plan on utilizing pixelart for the graphics.

I am brand spanking new to pixel art... I have done probably 10-15 completed pixel-drawings, and about 3000+ works-in-progress so far... chuckle.

I have searched the web for the last two-three months and this is the best site I have found for pixel-related information. Great job to whomever started this up...

I have a website that is constantly looking crappy because I can't decide how I want to look, but now I know... pixelated is my goal... For now, it is just good for the content... www.ninjasquirrels.com

Peace out all... I look forward to getting to know you all as I learn more about pixelart...
IP IP Logged
sedgemonkey
Admiral
Admiral

Quote sedgemonkey Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2005 at 10:46am

Ahhh, we're being invaded by those Estonians!  There's a suprising amount of Estonians here... wonder why.

Welcome to all you non-Estonians too.

IP IP Logged
inkspot
Commander
Commander

Quote inkspot Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2005 at 11:44am
I know where those invaders come from, but well, I was here well before them, with no posts...

Basicaly, I don't ccare actually, main thing is, that people at least know what pixelart is (Kas liigutab lille? Ah?).
IP IP Logged
Aiko
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Aiko Replybullet Posted: 31 August 2005 at 3:48pm
eyes: hazel
skin color: white
hobbies: dolling, pixel art, painting, drawing, swimming, the gym
dislikes: stupid people, bratty kids, all vegetables, medicine, shoes. (i do sandels nearly all year...)
Bio: hi everyone! i'm Aiko, and i've been doing pixelart for around 5 years. i started off at nothing though, so i've just worked my way up to decent. it's just a spare time activity, so i learned slowly (as i don't have much free time.)
IP IP Logged
Centrefuge
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Centrefuge Replybullet Posted: 02 September 2005 at 8:02am

Name: Brittany
Eyes:
brown
Hobbies:
pixel art, especially making lace and doodles on MS Paint, painting, drawing, watching hours upon hours of American cartoons, quilting, and lots and lots of heavy metal music!
Dislikes:
Anime (I'm sorry to anyone that does like it, but I don't... at all), medicine (I fear it for some reason), alcohol, college classes that are taught by people dumber than you are, people, horses, Rap, Pop, and most if not all Country, anything else I can think of at anytime.

I've done pixel art, or what I consider to be placed in my own little version of it, since I was little and touched a computer. Now I try to make it properly. I also make other works of art on the computer and I don't think there is a category for some of them. I used to be on a music forum (but I don't like the band anymore) so though I'm a newbie to this one I'll try not to be so annoying 'cause I understand.

IP IP Logged
sedgemonkey
Admiral
Admiral

Quote sedgemonkey Replybullet Posted: 02 September 2005 at 8:51am

Welcome to the club. Two people who list medicine as something they don't like. What are the odds of that? Are we being invaded by Christian Scientists now?

IP IP Logged
Centrefuge
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Centrefuge Replybullet Posted: 02 September 2005 at 5:49pm

No, I just hate the taste of most medicines, and I swear I seriously get all the side effects to prescribed medicines. I don't even take aspirin, but that's because it never works and I don't see the point if it doesn't.

And as far as the fear, I just have a fear of any medical instrument or practice, especially the wrong or poisonous ones, that were made at least before 1960. But I don't know where my logic is because I also collect bottles of antique medicine that contained poisons, such as the Little Liver Pill, which was given to children a long time ago and I think contained strychnine.

Someday I'll take over the world, just not today...
IP IP Logged
Rifts
Commander
Commander

Quote Rifts Replybullet Posted: 02 September 2005 at 6:58pm
wow i never noticed this topic b4 realy !!! thats crazy well
lets introduce me... even though u probably already seen me about
the site.... if not then your blind.

my name is Alex! how original ...well im male, 15/16 years old
my bday this october so only a month till im 16.my eyes happen to
be multi colourd :s one day they are gray then mayby green or blue
dunno how it works. i have brown longish hair strait/curlyish, umm
medium build i supose.... anyways none of you give a crap about
that. but i dont have a picture so yeh... right...

i was introduced realy to pixel art when i used 2 go on habbo about 5
years ago i think, my first peice was a habbo alt so not realy my
own. then i started going to random places who were trying 2 make
their own version of habbo realy.. was never going to work. but it
built up my pixel skills a bit.. then i got bored of it all and stoped for
a year.. then i started again out of intrest of what i could do. still all
of my work was isometric. then eventualy i found here... did my first
ever peice of non iso pixel art i think.. dunno what it was. but
anyways i like to think iv improved... i hope you enjoy some of my
work.. because i have certainly enjoyed some on this site.

i hope you all enjoyed my pixel life story if you even botherd to read
it lol.

crapfully yours. (ainchent homestar fan)
rifts
IP IP Logged
Aiko
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Aiko Replybullet Posted: 03 September 2005 at 7:54am
Originally posted by sedgemonkey

Welcome to the club. Two people who list medicine as something they don't like. What are the odds of that? Are we being invaded by Christian Scientists now?

haha. i'm hardly of either!

no, medicine is just.... a pain. i don't take any unless absolutely necessary.
IP IP Logged
me7356
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote me7356 Replybullet Posted: 03 September 2005 at 4:07pm
Never introdtuced myself.

Welp, I'm probably one of the youngest pixel artists here, Only 14, turned 14 in the summer.

Believe it or not, I've been pixeling for less than a year now. Almost a year. Actually, it might about a year, I dunno.

Well, I live down in a town called Exton in Pennsylvania, because I rock and I can. I play drums, and sometimes guitar and bass.

I've also noticed that it's never the pixel artists that are social failures, it's the coders. Weird.

The reader of this has no life.
IP IP Logged
RPG_Masterz
Seaman
Seaman

Quote RPG_Masterz Replybullet Posted: 07 September 2005 at 4:50am
Err...might as well introduce myself before diving into the other sections.
My name is Kevin or Kay-Z (nickname), and 19 at the moment (I'm feeling old already). I made my way here from deviantART (some pixel artist tricked me here, it seems o_O ). I'm an Asian, chinese to be exact, and my current location is New Zealand.

I'm mainly a graphic designer (or would like to become in the near future), just branching into the different areas of Digital Art, and only half a year back did I get into the world of Pixel Art. I'm not entirely new to the stuff, but not at pro level either. Well, that's about it, stop reading this.....stop looking here....oh look over there...*runs*
IP IP Logged
Akira
Commander
Commander

Quote Akira Replybullet Posted: 08 September 2005 at 3:01am
Hey everybody.

I've actually been here a while I suppose. Just didn't see the point of introducing myself as I lurk loads.
Been pixelling about 5 years on and off and not much to show for it I'm afraid. I guess I focus more on traditional art than digital. Branched into pixels after teaching myself some cheap game programming language. Branched out of programming recently and more into pixels.
I live in New Zealand, am a student, and don't often wear shoes. When I do, it's a pair that I handmade .
Oh and I'm male.
Double oh - my user name comes from the japanese animated movie AKIRA not the creator of Dragon Ball (which IMO is a horrible anime) or any other Akira's out there (there are quite a few I hear).
IP IP Logged
RPG_Masterz
Seaman
Seaman

Quote RPG_Masterz Replybullet Posted: 08 September 2005 at 11:17pm
Whereabouts in NZ would you be in, Akira?
IP IP Logged
pixelblink
Commander
Commander

Quote pixelblink Replybullet Posted: 09 September 2005 at 12:36am

Originally posted by Akira

my user name comes from the japanese animated movie AKIRA

AKIRA is one kickass movie even though it's been like 17 years since it's come out. Director and creator, Katsuhiro Ôtomo, has done other amazing animes such as Roujin Z, Memories, Spriggan, Metropolis, and more recently - Steamboy!

Akira is an even better graphic novel to read as there is alot more going on than is shown in the movie. Pick it up if you have the means.

On the topic of great anime, you all should really check out Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence. A complex story thick with visual treats (the one scene that really sticks out in my mind is where they're going up the elevator and the light trickles through... f**king amazing!)

Serial Experiments: Lain is also a great miniseries. A combination of a David Lynch flick and a William Gibson cyberpunk novel, it's really something to behold.

Lastly, just for a good ole time, check out Cowboy Bebop. It's one of the few televised animes that suprised the hell out of me by the fact that the story was well developed and it only limited time - plus a movie. Most video stores in my area rent it out.

I'm Pixelblink and this has been another episode of anime review... lol

IP IP Logged
pixelblink
Commander
Commander

Quote pixelblink Replybullet Posted: 09 September 2005 at 12:37am
oh yeah, and welcome aboard RPG!
IP IP Logged
Akira
Commander
Commander

Quote Akira Replybullet Posted: 10 September 2005 at 1:00am
RPG: Oh i'm in Auckland(ish). Please don't hit me .
pb: Yeah i gotta check out steamboy and GitS2. I originally read the manga for akira (up to part two i think). Then I found out about the movie. Very fricken cool. cowboy bebop is pretty rad. I'm not that fond of episode animes though. Perfer movies. I'll add Serial Experiments to my massive list of animation to check out.
IP IP Logged
Glow
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Glow Replybullet Posted: 12 September 2005 at 4:03pm
Me!!! ;]

IP IP Logged
pixelblink
Commander
Commander

Quote pixelblink Replybullet Posted: 12 September 2005 at 4:09pm

Akira: Seriously check out Cowboy Bebop.. it's the most satisfying anime series I've ever watched. The characters and stories develop so well and the music is fantastic. They really put alot of thought into this series. Trust me, it's not a Pokemon or DBZ thing.

Glow: Welcome aboard dude

IP IP Logged
Glow
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Glow Replybullet Posted: 12 September 2005 at 5:38pm
Thanks. My first step into the pixel world. Posted my first pixel art piece in WIP section.

:]
IP IP Logged
abzdragon
Seaman
Seaman

Quote abzdragon Replybullet Posted: 12 September 2005 at 5:52pm
Hey! My name is Abby/Abz/Zhe Dragon... whatever! I am 19... college student... majoring in English... livin in Texas... near Houston... uhm... I have been pixeling for a while now (about 3.5 years) but I mostly did dolls (I have a website showcasing my mediocre skills )... only recently have I been getting into more pixel scenes and iso stuff so I joined up here so show off some stuff and get critiqued bc God knows I could use some help! ha! I have lurked in the gallery for a while admiring everyone's schtuff! (and I am helplessly addicted to forums) Uhm.... everyone else put pictures so I guess I shall too :

Edited by abzdragon
IP IP Logged
pixelblink
Commander
Commander

Quote pixelblink Replybullet Posted: 12 September 2005 at 6:43pm
Hah! Great shirt abzdragon! Glad to have you on and looking forward to seein yer pixels. Hmm.... that sounded dirty for some reason  Yadda yadda yadda... welcome aboard
IP IP Logged
Filax_666
Commander
Commander

Quote Filax_666 Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2005 at 6:56am
I havent introduced myself yet, dunno why, no patience i
guess...heres some about me:

Name: Filipe

Hair: light brown
Eyes: brown/green

Free time (not much since i have school...): pixeling, playin football,
watchin tv, playing guitar and listening to slipknot and green day.

I like: girls! heavy metal, rock, nu metal, hip hop, comics
and manga, megaman bn, digimon, ...

I hate: my sister, pokemon, people who think theyre the best
(they know who they are), hum i cant remember anything else...ha!
david bowie.

Oh well, i started pixeling some months ago (when pixelation still
existed), but my my work was more crappy than it is now, so i didnt
post any of it anywhere...
Right now im tryin to find a way to do decent pixel art ...

Thats it I guess...any question just tell me...
IP IP Logged
Carnivac
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Carnivac Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2005 at 9:34am
abzdragon:  Any chance ya can tell me where to get one of them t-shirts?  Would just make a damn fine joke gift for my buddy since his nickname is Macgyver cos he's always making fine things from junk.
IP IP Logged
Glow
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Glow Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2005 at 12:51pm
"This week on MACGYVER...ver...ver...ver"...
IP IP Logged
RPG_Masterz
Seaman
Seaman

Quote RPG_Masterz Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2005 at 6:36pm
Abzdragon: Nice gallery of pixel arts on that site of yours. All you're missing I think is anti-aliasing your curves, so they look more smooth.

Akira: I live in Auckland too O_O South Auckland to be exact.
IP IP Logged
Al Creed
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Al Creed Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2005 at 2:03pm

Hey, the name's Al.  I'm a University Student from Canada, and I have a (perhaps unhealthy) fixation with Pixel art.

I make my own pixel art, in the form of webcomics at http://tcr.drunkphilosophy.com .  It's a political webcomic, just a heads-up.

IP IP Logged
ZmanZ
Seaman
Seaman

Quote ZmanZ Replybullet Posted: 29 September 2005 at 1:47pm
Hello all. My name is Zack you can call me Z for short. I've been doing web design and game design for about 3 years now. About 3 mo. ago i started working with pixel art for my games.Umm.. thats it.
IP IP Logged
Plat Sajack
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Plat Sajack Replybullet Posted: 04 October 2005 at 6:38am
Hello All!

I have to take the time to say that I'm extremely happy that I've found pixeljoint - I've searched long and hard for a great pixel artist community, and by George I believe I've found one.

As for the stats: I'm 19 (20 in exactly 540 hours) and currently reside in the states.  I'm actually in school, and I'm studying Information Technology; however, I've developed a love for software engineering and American literature. I'm originally from Los Angeles... but I'm on the east coast now ;(

Anyhow, I look forward to pixeling and posting, cya!

I use Pixen!
IP IP Logged
Pixel_Outlaw
Commander
Commander

Quote Pixel_Outlaw Replybullet Posted: 04 October 2005 at 7:31am

Hi all! I guess it's a bit late to post here but oh well.

Here is me after a 9 hour day at Wal*Mart.(cashiering)

Originally posted by ryan-gfx

Favorite band would definately be the beatles
Favorite songs are Sweet- Fox on the run, Weezer- Beverly Hills.. Anything on Boston Greatest Hits album and ANYTHING on teh beatles Red #1 Hits Album.
Fav movies are tommy boy, dumb and dumber, ace ventura, and Austin Powers! (all 3)

Hell Yah!!!

Don't forget the Who. (gotta love that Pinball Wizard song.)

I live in MT. 18 yrs old.

Edited by Pixel_Outlaw
IP IP Logged
Pixel Fable
Seaman
Seaman

Quote Pixel Fable Replybullet Posted: 12 October 2005 at 6:05pm
Hello, everyone. My username is Pixel Fable, but my real name is Andrew Zigler. I live in a Texas town called New Braunfels. New Braunfels is a rather exciting German town. It is home to Schlitterbahn and to the Wurstfest. Schlitterbahn is the nation's best water park and the Wurstfest is a sausage festival. I am thirteen years old, and I aspire to be a great pixel artist.
IP IP Logged
randomblink
Commander
Commander

Quote randomblink Replybullet Posted: 13 October 2005 at 6:23am

Originally posted by Pixel Fable

Hello, everyone. My username is Pixel Fable, but my real name is Andrew Zigler. I live in a Texas town called New Braunfels. New Braunfels is a rather exciting German town. It is home to Schlitterbahn and to the Wurstfest. Schlitterbahn is the nation's best water park and the Wurstfest is a sausage festival. I am thirteen years old, and I aspire to be a great pixel artist.

Greetings Andrew,

Good luck on your goal... at least you have the right attitude...

www.randomblink.com
I am me... no! Really!
IP IP Logged
kaileighblue
Seaman
Seaman

Quote kaileighblue Replybullet Posted: 15 October 2005 at 3:38pm

So yeah.. I'm Kaileigh Blue, KB for short.  I started doing the 'cartoon dolls' many ages ago but branched out into other stuff.

I have no idea what dithering or AA is, although I've gotten comments about it.

IP IP Logged
wet
Seaman
Seaman

Quote wet Replybullet Posted: 15 October 2005 at 11:27pm
Name: Jordan

me

and me
IP IP Logged
alkaline
Commander
Commander

Quote alkaline Replybullet Posted: 17 October 2005 at 2:05pm
Hi folks.
IP IP Logged
Centrefuge
Midshipman
Midshipman

Quote Centrefuge Replybullet Posted: 20 October 2005 at 9:17pm

I was checking back on this thread to see if I ever posted in it, then realized I did.

Then I saw that, (I think,) no one answered where the Macguyver shirt came from. It's one on threadless.com, the place where you can submit shirt ideas to be voted on to be made into shirts, but I never get passed on that place so I stopped going there. I never knew I was such a terrible shirt designer till I met them...

Someday I'll take over the world, just not today...
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 25 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version