Print Page | Close Window

2d artist looking for paid jobs

Printed From: Pixel Joint
Category: The Lounge
Forum Name: Portfolios/Resumes
Forum Discription: Show off your goods to potential employers.
URL: http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10290
Printed Date: 15 September 2019 at 3:56pm

Topic: 2d artist looking for paid jobs
Posted By: dbaumgart
Subject: 2d artist looking for paid jobs
Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 3:45pm
EDIT: I'm no longer working for work. Thanks all!

My name is David Baumgart and I am a 2d digital artist looking for freelance jobs.Over a few years I've worked on many games for individuals, hobbyists, students, and small game companies including work for iphone games, facebook games, and browser-based games. I also have some experience in coding games and graphics programming which enables me to better understand technical issues and work with coders.
Please view my cv/resume http://david.baumgart.org/portfolio/cvresume.htm - here .

I do all sorts of 2d art in addition to classical pixel art, including digital painting, textures, website graphics, icons, UI design, etc. I've very interested in terrain and tileset art, and on the other hand I am not so much one for manga/anime style character art -- my experience has always been with a more western than eastern style.
Please have a look at my portfolio http://david.baumgart.org/portfolio/gallery.htm - here .

Here is an example of assets I've created for a roguelike project I've been working on for quite some time:

If you need some 2d art done or have any questions at all, please feel free to send me an email at
mailto:dgbaumgart@gmail.com - dgbaumgart@gmail.com .

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and good luck on your various projects!

Replies:
Posted By: Ascid
Date Posted: 26 August 2010 at 6:21am
If you are currently looking for unpaid work I would like to interest you in my game.

It is a post apocalyptic zombie MMO. We are using an Open source engine with a very experienced coder/programmer.

If you would like to view more about my game please visit my hiring topic.

forum_posts.asp?TID=10889 - http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10889

Please note that this is an ongoing job and once the game is up and running and hopefully receiving profit I will be able to give my employees some sort of payment.

Thank you for your time,

Posted By: avib82
Date Posted: 23 June 2011 at 10:54pm
Hi man
Im interested in your work .
Im curently developing a game and i need artist to make me the art work for the game.
Pls contact me if you are interested.

Thank you for your time.

Posted By: pearlkid
Date Posted: 25 June 2011 at 10:34am
Hello!

My name is Michael. I'm a student of Saint-Petersburg State University in Russia. I'm a programmer / mathematician and got my own developer company.

Me and my friends are making a game now. It would be a quest for iPad in style of old Lucas Arts quests( such as The DIG, Full Throttle).
So, now we are looking for a game illustrator.

Please reply if you're interested in our project.

Thank you for reading this!

Sincerely yours,
Michael Syasko.

Posted By: Lorah
Date Posted: 24 July 2011 at 3:56pm
David, you can try to look for freelance jobs as an artist in various outsourcing sites. You can take a look at http://www.timedoctor.com/blog/2011/02/22/the-top-6-outsourcing-sites-and-how-to-use-them - this website for some lists of legitimate sites with their reviews. The reviews will help you understand how the site operates and works. It will also help you decide to which site is best for you to work.

You can bid on open jobs in such sites or wait for employers or contractors to contact you. Pay is negotiable so you can really get paid with the level of your skill.

Though there is a fierce competition in here, just be patient and show to them that you really have skills. Establish yourself and to the employers. When you've landed a job, do good so they will give you good feedback and rating. Good feedback and rating indicates you are a good service provider. It's like something that builds trust to your employers.

Posted By: dbaumgart
Date Posted: 24 July 2011 at 6:29pm
@Everyone:

With the success of Dungeons of Dredmor I'm not currently looking for work. Thank you everyone for all the job offers since I posted this in 2010, I've had a lot of success through pixeljoint.

@Lorah:

I'm not a fan of outsourcing sites that set artists to bid directly against one another with a focus on low prices. The way those sites are structured turns the process of looking for a client into a race-to-the-bottom bidding war. This hurts the level of pay artists receive and does not, I think, properly serve the best interests of clients because the work will be impersonal and shoddy. While the number-crunching might appeal to a programmer-designer, it's extremely likely that their project will suffer. Basically, "You get what you pay for".

Good art is not the cheapest art and I believe in a more personal process of finding clients or finding artists to hire. -- And this is exactly the approach I'm going to be taking in my art directorial role at Gaslamp Games in the future.

Print Page | Close Window