Print Page | Close Window

CHALLENGE 9/24/2012: Tattoos

Printed From: Pixel Joint
Category: Pixel Art
Forum Name: Collaborations/Challenges
Forum Discription: Submit pixel art project ideas/templates or contribute to an existing pixel art collaboration.
URL: http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15154
Printed Date: 16 June 2019 at 6:37am

Topic: CHALLENGE 9/24/2012: Tattoos
Posted By: administrator
Subject: CHALLENGE 9/24/2012: Tattoos
Date Posted: 24 September 2012 at 12:00am

CHALLENGE: Tattoos

Pixel a character with prominent tattoos. You may present this in any way you like; a scene, a sprite, a portrait, etc...

Canvas Size - Unrestricted.
Colours - Max 20.
Transparency - Optional.
Animation - Optional.

CHALLENGE RULES

• Participants have until this upcoming Sunday at midnight (12AM Pacific) to /pixels/submit_icons.asp'>submit their entry (strict). Don't forget to check the 'Submit to weekly challenge' checkbox.
  • Only new pixels allowed.
  • Open to all members.
  • Posting WIPs in this thread or in new threads in the /forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=8'>WIP section is highly encouraged, but ONLY SUBMIT YOUR FINAL ART.

CHALLENGE JUDGING

• Every Sunday at midnight (12AM Pacific) the previous week's entries are judged.
  • Every week a new voting poll will be posted for previous week's entries.
  • Winner announced the following week.

CHALLENGE PRIZES/GOODIES

• Top three finishers will receive an award displayed in your PJ gallery profile for all to see and envy.
  • Top finisher gets to call the following week's challenge...sweet.
  • 'Participation' ribbons will be given for all who enter.
  • No matter what happens you get challenged :)

CHALLENGE VOTING

/pixels/poll.asp?id=1312' name='vote' target='_blank'>Vote now for your favorite pixelart in this week's challenge!

CHALLENGE AWARDS

The Tattoos pixel art challenge is complete and we have three new champions. This week's challenge awards go to the following pieces:

/pixelart/73171.htm' target='_blank' class='winner1'>Tattoo Beach boy by /p/23313.htm' target='_blank'>RedKnight91
/pixelart/73229.htm' target='_blank' class='winner2'>Walking by the mountain. by /p/35277.htm' target='_blank'>philippejugnet
/pixelart/73197.htm' target='_blank' class='winner3'>Tattoo Girl by /p/38656.htm' target='_blank'>PixelPiledriver

Thanks so much to all who took the time to vote and participate in the challenge!

/pixelart/73232.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Oldman by /p/29919.htm' target='_blank'>Dweller
/pixelart/73228.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Arrendo by /p/35001.htm' target='_blank'>Benjiro
/pixelart/73220.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Magic tattoo by /p/35331.htm' target='_blank'>Whisper Heart
/pixelart/73230.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Sir Hatt by /p/20738.htm' target='_blank'>smk

Replies:
Posted By: RedKnight91
Date Posted: 24 September 2012 at 5:28am

Here's my WIP! I still have to start working on the tattoo part, but it's (obviously) going to be on his bigger arm : p I decided to go for a vintage palette!

Posted By: philippejugnet
Date Posted: 24 September 2012 at 2:00pm
idk... My anatomy skills suck.

Date Posted: 25 September 2012 at 12:14am
Nice sketch!! I like the pose!
Your pixels rock : D

Posted By: Whisper Heart
Date Posted: 25 September 2012 at 2:35am

let the hand with a tattoo in the form of runes =)

Posted By: Losm
Date Posted: 25 September 2012 at 4:32am
Originally posted by philippejugnet

idk... My anatomy skills suck.

As do mine, man. At least you don't hide the fact with cutesy, cartoony drawings...

I might enter this... Watch this space!

Posted By: Mrmo Tarius
Date Posted: 25 September 2012 at 4:59am
An early wip.

Dunno if I'll get to finish it on time, as I'm currently THE busiest man in the world :/

Date Posted: 25 September 2012 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Mrmo Tarius

An early wip.

Dunno if I'll get to finish it on time, as I'm currently THE busiest man in the world :/

Awesome and inspiring ;)!

Date Posted: 26 September 2012 at 7:38am
Badass palette and sketch, Philippe!!!

Here's an update on my submission

Date Posted: 26 September 2012 at 9:02am
Originally posted by RedKnight91

Badass palette and sketch, Philippe!!!

Here's an update on my submission

I like it ;).

btw, its not an entry ROFL it was just a joke xD!

Date Posted: 26 September 2012 at 2:58pm

Okay, a serious entry right now lol
scared of not finishing it in time =/ most likely no.

trying not to add fire ( as usual in most of my pieces ) maybe I will try some electricity.

Date Posted: 27 September 2012 at 5:26am
Almost done guys!!!

Posted By: thatrebelyell
Date Posted: 27 September 2012 at 4:50pm
Wow, everyone's entries are so amazing! Even though I'm a new pixeller, I wanted to try and do an entry just for fun. :) Here's my WIP - the words are going to be animated smoother and the girls face is going to be animated while she's saying them. There's also going to be some more detail and color and such. Concrit appreciated. ^-^

Posted By: Cheetah
Date Posted: 28 September 2012 at 4:13pm
thatrebelyell: This is an amazing concept. I'm really looking forward to your progress.

Print Page | Close Window