Print Page | Close Window

CHALLENGE 11/26/2012: Spill Life

Printed From: Pixel Joint
Category: Pixel Art
Forum Name: Collaborations/Challenges
Forum Discription: Submit pixel art project ideas/templates or contribute to an existing pixel art collaboration.
URL: http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15473
Printed Date: 26 June 2019 at 1:36pm

Topic: CHALLENGE 11/26/2012: Spill Life
Posted By: administrator
Subject: CHALLENGE 11/26/2012: Spill Life
Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 12:02am

CHALLENGE: Spill Life

Create a still life image that includes both:

• A liquid that has been spilled onto a table.
  • And the container that the liquid was spilled from.

For example, you could show spilled milk and a glass next to it. You may incorporate other inanimate objects into the scene, if you like.

Canvas Size - Max 160 (width) x 120 (height).
Colours - Max 24.
Transparency - No.
Animation - No.

CHALLENGE RULES

• Participants have until this upcoming Sunday at midnight (12AM Pacific) to /pixels/submit_icons.asp'>submit their entry (strict). Don't forget to check the 'Submit to weekly challenge' checkbox.
  • Only new pixels allowed.
  • Open to all members.
  • Posting WIPs in this thread or in new threads in the /forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=8'>WIP section is highly encouraged, but ONLY SUBMIT YOUR FINAL ART.

CHALLENGE JUDGING

• Every Sunday at midnight (12AM Pacific) the previous week's entries are judged.
  • Every week a new voting poll will be posted for previous week's entries.
  • Winner announced the following week.

CHALLENGE PRIZES/GOODIES

• Top three finishers will receive an award displayed in your PJ gallery profile for all to see and envy.
  • Top finisher gets to call the following week's challenge...sweet.
  • 'Participation' ribbons will be given for all who enter.
  • No matter what happens you get challenged :)

CHALLENGE VOTING

/pixels/poll.asp?id=1321' name='vote' target='_blank'>Vote now for your favorite pixelart in this week's challenge!

CHALLENGE AWARDS

The Spill Life pixel art challenge is complete and we have three new champions. This week's challenge awards go to the following pieces:

/pixelart/74479.htm' target='_blank' class='winner1'>Study by /p/21045.htm' target='_blank'>a3um
/pixelart/74389.htm' target='_blank' class='winner2'>Quills n Spills by /p/23859.htm' target='_blank'>Xamllew
/pixelart/74387.htm' target='_blank' class='winner3'>spilled whiskey by /p/35576.htm' target='_blank'>helcril

Thanks so much to all who took the time to vote and participate in the challenge!

/pixelart/74458.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Spilled Formula by /p/40263.htm' target='_blank'>dkgames
/pixelart/74401.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>cat's fault by /p/33190.htm' target='_blank'>Dont
/pixelart/74440.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Spill Life Challenge by /p/21026.htm' target='_blank'>shivudhamu
/pixelart/74492.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Cola Spill Life by /p/38850.htm' target='_blank'>melanie
/pixelart/74482.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>I...I just wanted her back... by /p/29851.htm' target='_blank'>Demon11777
/pixelart/74426.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>Sad wine by /p/39970.htm' target='_blank'>BonreoCat
/pixelart/74483.htm' target='_blank' class='winnerx'>A glass of milk in the grizzly bar. by /p/35725.htm' target='_blank'>MrBeast

Replies:
Posted By: Numberplay
Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 4:08am
Inb4 we see spilled vials from Cyantific.

Posted By: maganegorap
Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 7:43am
I just noticed a second sense in this event?

Posted By: AtskaHeart
Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 8:34pm
^this

Seems an interesting challenge XD

Posted By: Losm
Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Numberplay

Inb4 we see spilled vials from Cyantific.

Damn. I was thinkin' about it.

Posted By: jalonso
Date Posted: 27 November 2012 at 7:01am
It never ceases to amaze me how prolific PJers are in finding any and all possible loopholes in each and every challenge

-------------
http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9378&FID=6&PR=3 - PJs FAQ <> http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=6 - Sticky Reads

Posted By: AirStyle
Date Posted: 27 November 2012 at 10:09am
Is that a bad thing? Outside of actually breaking the rules, I think that's a good way of thinking outside the box.

Posted By: gbouchard
Date Posted: 27 November 2012 at 4:33pm
I thought I could combine my little party invite with the challenge. I need to send the party invite out right away, but can continue working on the image for the challenge. Any feedback will be welcomed. thanks!

(oops i forgot to remove the color chart)
http://www.myfolio.com/art/zaiy625w9h -
http://www.myfolio.com/art/zaiy625w9h

Any suggestions on where to upload my images so that it is easier to share?

Posted By: Stavi
Date Posted: 27 November 2012 at 9:00pm

Hi guys. Work in progress. still not sure about what's gonna go on in the background, and suggestions are welcome.
is the bottle legible enough? advice on colors? i tried to experiment. thanks! :)

Posted By: melanie
Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:20am
Hey guys, this is my first challenge so don't be shy with any critiques. I could especially use input on the perspective, and if it reads as a soda can and cola.

If there's time I'd like to add a spilled bag of Pop Rocks too.

Thanks!

Posted By: a3um
Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 6:33am
It's been a while since the last time I participated in the challenge(: So here is what I've got so far.

wip:

Posted By: Nevercreature
Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 7:09am
a3um!! You are back!!

Posted By: gbouchard
Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 2:19pm
that is pretty awesome!

Posted By: Bokeblender
Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by a3um

It's been a while since the last time I participated in the challenge(: So here is what I've got so far.

wip:

Ugh I was thinking thatXD

Posted By: melanie
Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 3:09am
Do the Pop Rocks look like they are on the same plane as the can + spill?

EDIT:
Leaning towards this:

Print Page | Close Window