Print Page | Close Window

Room i made

Printed From: Pixel Joint
Category: Pixel Art
Forum Name: The Joint
Forum Discription: Post your WIPs, ideas and anything else to do with the massive isometric apartment project.
URL: http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2906
Printed Date: 23 May 2019 at 3:03pm

Topic: Room i made
Posted By: Haza
Subject: Room i made
Date Posted: 30 August 2006 at 6:37am
ok please dont laugh it's my First room i have ever done , the only pixel art i have done is a t.v , bed , cupboard and t.v stand

Ineed some one that will help me with people ,  cloke (Like a jacket but for scientists) and text if you can help please do :-)

Right Back on subject , do you like it?

Thanks guys
Haza

Replies:
Posted By: leel
Date Posted: 30 August 2006 at 7:06am

if you want us to help you with the people, make them first, even if you dont know how, just do your best, and then we can give you tips and advice on how to improve.  No one here is going to do it for you, so just give it a try and we'll see what happens! 

you've got a pretty good start, the thing that stands out the most is the tv - it looks like it's about to fall off the stand, see how it goes off the edge?  either move it forward to make it smaller -  a really thin modern monitor would do well in a lab scene, i think. 
Also, the floor should to be more detailed or textured, for more interest.
try shading the furniture, too, see how that goes

good luck and keep us updated on your progress :)

Posted By: Skull
Date Posted: 30 August 2006 at 7:09am
Cloak. (And for Scientists, you'd call it a Lab Coat.)
I think you should add some texture or shading, looks a little flat at the moment, but I like your idea.

-------------
-

Date Posted: 30 August 2006 at 9:37am
ok cool thanks guys leel great comment , im using pixel editor , i have ps , but its harder for me on that then pixel editor , comments taken and hopefully it will show on the work :-)

Thanks

P.S Its ment to be a Computer not a t.v :-( , the Base unit next to it ,lol

EDIT : New Update ,
1. Added a Person
2.Updated Floor
3.Added Spills Of Chemicals
4.Updated Pc Screen or T.V lol

Posted By: Ensellitis
Date Posted: 30 August 2006 at 10:20am
well, first of all, if you look at the joint room template, you will see that the outer most lines are lighter than the other lines, you definately need to do that.

also, a great tutorial can be found http://rhysd.syntesis.org/tutorial/ - here .  i HIGHLY recommend that you read it.  it has been the starting point of many ISO artists.

-------------
ಠ_ಠ
There's a pubic hair on my keyboard. What the f**k?? I "mow the lawn" so it's not mine. Gross.

Date Posted: 30 August 2006 at 11:24pm
ok thanks , reading it now :-) ,  can anyone give any tips on the scientist please

Posted By: jalonso
Date Posted: 30 August 2006 at 11:39pm
First I will say you are going great so far. Add as many details and textures as possible. I would also re-think the floor which now looks like its indented down. Also remember the light comes from the top right.
For people, go to the Joint template page and find the "person template" If this pose is not working for you then look at all the room in the joint to see every possible position for iso people. Once you find the right one download a copy and study the figure and draw it yourself on that reference (no cheating).

ps. I apologize for not providing a direct link to the Joint pages. (compy problems + lazy = >(")< today)

-------------
http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9378&FID=6&PR=3 - PJs FAQ <> http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=6 - Sticky Reads

Date Posted: 31 August 2006 at 2:23am
thank you jalonso nice comment i will search the Joint page for people :-)

Thanks
p.s haha no worries

Posted By: Monkey 'o Doom
Date Posted: 31 August 2006 at 2:34pm
Hey!
The first thing I notice is that you need the inner lines to be highlights, and that the walls are the same brightness. The tiles bother me too; the highlights should probably come from onee of the front sides and from that lightsource, you can shade the walls and furniture. I notice that the scientist is out of perspective; look at the people in the joint rooms and the ones in the template for help.

-------------
http://pixelmonkey.ensellitis.com">
RPG is numberwang.

Date Posted: 01 September 2006 at 12:37am
HEY! MoD
Thanks nice post taken in the comments

p.s i cant find the template can anyone link to it please?

Posted By: Ensellitis
Date Posted: 01 September 2006 at 12:40am

Template

Example

Optional Assets

Left Balcony Template

Template

Example

Right Balcony Template

Template

Example

Corner Template

Template

Example

-------------
ಠ_ಠ
There's a pubic hair on my keyboard. What the f**k?? I "mow the lawn" so it's not mine. Gross.

Posted By: Dra_chan
Date Posted: 05 September 2006 at 11:50am
Play with the palette, try not to use so basic colors 

Print Page | Close Window