meririm @ 4/28/2009 23:54 commented on Big head

Yes, Jaeden's challenge. Have fun making your own head. And thanks for your comment, Shannon, you made my day (especially with your mention of the ear) :)

As far as the tattoos are concerned... I hesitated a lot, especially since I didn't manage to find high res references of tattoos on black skin, and still have no idea of how the black ink reflects light. As for the white facial paint, I wish there was such a thing as half pixels, so I could have integrated it better.

meririm @ 4/28/2009 23:38 commented on Big head

Thanks, Frost. I'll look into different techniques to try to improve what I make.

meririm @ 4/28/2009 23:32 commented on Big head

Thank you vert much, Death-Auron. You're absolutely right about the hair - there's too much of it and the roots just don't look right - and I'll have to work on that the next time I attempt braids (that, or turn it into a wig of some kind).

meririm @ 3/29/2009 06:30 commented on Cheetah

Thanks for your comment. I agree about the tail, and actually I spent a whole day drawing and deleting various versions of the movement, up to the point my brain exploded and I said "I want my new icon now!". So my laziness is to blame. :(

meririm @ 6/11/2007 04:27 commented on A portrait base - Pwinta
Awesome bases. The face is very well done - I love the 3rd expression; and the body shape is lovely.

meririm @ 6/10/2007 14:43 commented on Red panda
Thank you.
I discovered it a few days ago too, while searching for "normal" panda pictures, and I couldn't <i>not</i> pixel one. :)

meririm @ 6/10/2007 14:33 commented on Red panda
I edited it with more contrast, as either my screen is calibrated strangely or I have strange eyes that pick up black shades easily. Thanks for the comment :)

meririm @ 6/10/2007 01:28 commented on Happy Teeth
Great colors, especially on the hair.

meririm @ 6/10/2007 01:20 commented on Red panda
I'll check it on another screen - I see the shading on mine, but the light of my lcd is fairly vivid...

meririm @ 4/15/2007 08:04 commented on Happip - Avatar DA
Smooth animation and very cute character. I love it :)

meririm @ 4/9/2007 00:31 commented on Trixi
Brilliant work on the shading, and the hair is just wonderful. And you can like the boots - they look great indeed.

meririm @ 1/23/2007 03:53 commented on Tinkerbell
Lovely work, she looks adorable. I like the look of the wings, translucid and shiny.

meririm @ 1/23/2007 03:48 commented on Winter Starlight
Fantastic. The ice looks absolutely wonderful, and so does the texture of the trunk.

meririm @ 12/4/2006 03:46 commented on Sol prietress
Thank you very much for the comment and welcome :)
Yes, it is my base. I don't use others :)