Adarias @ 5/23/2019 12:21 commented on Fight Gal

You should animate your work more often 👍

Adarias @ 5/22/2019 07:22 commented on Another Anime AVA

@skeddles that's fantastic!  We had fun playing with all of the palettes and its nice to see that, while @AdigunPolack claims the ISO contest honor, the rest will be immortalized in some way as well :)

Thanks to everyone who joined in, my fellow judges and of course @Gecimen for running the thing.  Looking forward to the collab starting!

Adarias @ 5/17/2019 05:25 commented on Anim. Tekken Char.: Hwoarang

Congrats @andylittle on the 1-2 punch!  And of course to all the other artists :)

Adarias @ 5/17/2019 05:08 commented on 100x100 characters

Ah, so that's what you've been up to!

Adarias @ 5/7/2019 01:14 commented on Link

Hi @slow_learner,

This isn’t news so it would be visible on the site, but I will reply here.

Some artists do a small amount of self promotion in their bios and descriptions.  If people start to spam other users through comments or messages, we may take action.

Unlike other sites,  PJ does not take any rights to the artwork submitted here — copyright is retained entirely by the artist.  So what you want to to with your own work is up to you.

does this help?

Adarias @ 5/1/2019 11:35 commented on I'll trade a magic trick for a vase

@SolaSero: fixed.  Manual challenges do not naturally get tagged as challenge posts; there is an extra step that is usually automated.

Adarias @ 4/28/2019 00:54 commented on Sleepy town scene 2

Hi Midavid, welcome to PixelJoint.  I think your preview here got scaled down strangely.  Would you mind cropping to a clean thumbnail so we can approve your piece for the gallery?  Thanks :)

Adarias @ 4/19/2019 18:35 commented on The Death Shadow

I want to clarify that this came from a sincere and meaningful place, and that any percieved irreverence was unintended.  English is not the first language for most of our mods, and we don't have the bandwidth to proofread every post, especially for subtext.  Apologies if the original title suggested anything less than the subject deserved.

I've edited the title while keeping the rules the same.

Adarias @ 4/9/2019 13:07 commented on Megaman Voltnutt

I can practically hear the sound effects

Adarias @ 4/9/2019 06:31 commented on Its not our Earth anymore

You’ve become a master of the atmospherics and soft textures.  Very nicely done, love the breadth of techniques used to accomplish this one!

Adarias @ 4/4/2019 08:29 commented on Dolomiti

molto fedele alla realtà del posto :) :)

Adarias @ 4/1/2019 13:15 commented on Big Bird

Yeah I would keep trying, possibly reach out to the instructor.

Unfortunately like I said we have almost no control over what creative they choose to run their ads with.  I'm grateful just to see ads that aren't NSFW.

Adarias @ 4/1/2019 03:48 commented on Big Bird

@philippejugnet the ads come through a service, we (Sedge) don’t have much/any control over the visual content.

Try contacting Udemy directly?

Adarias @ 3/29/2019 13:14 commented on The Wee Blue Ranger

Thanks SoloSalsero, the news item was tagged incorrectly causing it to not appear in the feature page.  I have fixed it.

THe challenge this week is Tiny Monsters.  The warning sign challenge was "manually closed" due to having zero entries after 7 days.  The manual nature of this transition is the source of the subsequent hiccups.

Adarias @ 3/27/2019 08:52 commented on U.F.O Space Scene

Nice job @slym for picking up two new shinies, one of them done for @Pixel_Dailies !

Adarias @ 3/19/2019 13:03 commented on Barrel Lighting

Can you explain the process here?  Generally this site is for pixel art rendered by hand; while there are many folks that find this intresting (including myself!) I'm not sure this is the place for it if this is the output of a 3d graphics program.

Adarias @ 3/17/2019 12:46 commented on The Sims (Commodore 64 Mockup)

Very slick :)

Adarias @ 3/17/2019 07:52 commented on Hoppsh - My First Animation

Yeah, this is something templates are good for.  I was working on a little script for making these before my computer bit it :X

Adarias @ 3/15/2019 08:25 commented on Ophelia

Right on man, thanks for that!

Adarias @ 3/15/2019 05:15 commented on Ophelia

@ptoing sure!  I think there are very few places that all 5 colors were used together, and only the eyes and lips were that way on purpose.  They could be overlaid.  Any other mistakes could be trivially fixed by removing the least-contributing color.  And yeah, extended by the same brown paper tone would be great :)

Adarias @ 3/13/2019 19:50 commented on Hoppsh - My First Animation

I can't seem to get consistent colors out of the image, so will be using those given at https://lospec.com/palette-list/commodore64

If anyone is struggling with formatting or palettes, please reach out before sunday so we can assit you!

Adarias @ 3/2/2019 19:06 commented on Almost medieval tavern

Looking good!  It's not easy to take on figures, ramps and round items like bottles and barrels, let alone in your first attempt at the spective.  You handled all of those nicely.  I only wish there was more variety in the saturation and hue -- extending your use of those grays and maybe pushing them a little cooler could make for a really nice bichromatic palette :)

Adarias @ 2/24/2019 05:03 commented on Freelancer

Excellent handling of the patterns and textures!

Adarias @ 2/21/2019 14:55 commented on Hunter

Hi @Capricom, welcome to PJ.  Normally we don’t allow pieces with plain backgrounds.  I’m approving this because you’re a new member, but it would be great if you could make the BG transparent or illustrated.

Adarias @ 2/17/2019 18:42 commented on Big Bird

@schog Backend improvements are top priority for the Sedge, site's sole maintainer in terms of code.  Any frontened adjustments besides simple things like copy will have to wait for the next major version of the site.  Hopefully though with the new version will also open things up for additional developers to pitch in, and we do keep track of feedback :)