Adarias @ 3/17/2019 12:46 commented on The Sims (Commodore 64 Mockup)

Very slick :)

Adarias @ 3/17/2019 07:52 commented on Hoppsh - My First Animation

Yeah, this is something templates are good for.  I was working on a little script for making these before my computer bit it :X

Adarias @ 3/15/2019 08:25 commented on Ophelia

Right on man, thanks for that!

Adarias @ 3/15/2019 05:15 commented on Ophelia

@ptoing sure!  I think there are very few places that all 5 colors were used together, and only the eyes and lips were that way on purpose.  They could be overlaid.  Any other mistakes could be trivially fixed by removing the least-contributing color.  And yeah, extended by the same brown paper tone would be great :)

Adarias @ 3/13/2019 19:50 commented on Hoppsh - My First Animation

I can't seem to get consistent colors out of the image, so will be using those given at https://lospec.com/palette-list/commodore64

If anyone is struggling with formatting or palettes, please reach out before sunday so we can assit you!

Adarias @ 3/2/2019 19:06 commented on Almost medieval tavern

Looking good!  It's not easy to take on figures, ramps and round items like bottles and barrels, let alone in your first attempt at the spective.  You handled all of those nicely.  I only wish there was more variety in the saturation and hue -- extending your use of those grays and maybe pushing them a little cooler could make for a really nice bichromatic palette :)

Adarias @ 2/24/2019 05:03 commented on Freelancer

Excellent handling of the patterns and textures!

Adarias @ 2/21/2019 14:55 commented on Hunter

Hi @Capricom, welcome to PJ.  Normally we don’t allow pieces with plain backgrounds.  I’m approving this because you’re a new member, but it would be great if you could make the BG transparent or illustrated.

Adarias @ 2/17/2019 18:42 commented on Big Bird

@schog Backend improvements are top priority for the Sedge, site's sole maintainer in terms of code.  Any frontened adjustments besides simple things like copy will have to wait for the next major version of the site.  Hopefully though with the new version will also open things up for additional developers to pitch in, and we do keep track of feedback :)

Adarias @ 2/15/2019 19:14 commented on Plague Boy

I’m approving this; however it would be great if you could edit to use 1x zoom, as we have tools to zoom in.  The piece is also very small; it’s ok for an avatar, but we look forward to seeing more complete works from you ;)

Adarias @ 2/3/2019 20:35 commented on George Bush in Mother

Was this intended for the weekly challenge?  Because I believe it fits the specs.

Adarias @ 1/20/2019 16:45 commented on Pierogi Western

I'm your bilberry, colleague!

Nicely done

Adarias @ 1/19/2019 07:09 commented on pizza boi

Hi @masha, welcome to PixelJoint.  Usually we don't add pieces in with large plain backgrounds if they don't appear to be part of the work.  Would you consider editing this peice to use a transparent background, or modify the background to feel more connected to the work?

Adarias @ 1/16/2019 04:47 commented on Telephone Pole

Hi @Woodsartspace, welcome to pixel joint!

There's no need to zoom the image, as our controls will do this automatically.  We've allowed it as you're new here and the work is very ncie, but it would be great if you could edit the works to use 1x versions.

Adarias @ 1/3/2019 18:48 commented on Duckweed

@8 bit adventurer as my earlier comment mentioned, at its core it’s a repeating wave of pixels that offsets the underlying image 1px on the y axis.  I masked certain areas like the branch to keep them stationary, and I did cleanup by hand where the effect created jagged shapes or strays.

Adarias @ 1/1/2019 16:22 commented on electric froggo

Bizarre, in a great way :)

Adarias @ 1/1/2019 16:01 commented on Greyt-Bit Palette Example

Really cute and fun; aesthetically reminds of a cross between Harvest Moon and Earthbound.  The palette looks like it should make prioritization a nightmare, so it's cool to see the range you got out of it even with relatively flat fills.

Adarias @ 1/1/2019 12:20 commented on Me Avatar

@PixelCod while it may not be a fit for the challenge, the gallery always appreciates new works!

Adarias @ 12/31/2018 11:54 commented on Monica

@ParkerBabyDiaperCompany it could just be the way she's sitting on her jacket.  If I push it back behind her and show more of her shorts, it might read better.  She'll get grass on her bum, but that's way beyond any level of realism we care about ;)

Adarias @ 12/31/2018 05:26 commented on Me Avatar

As a chronic procrastinator, I always enjoy this one.

For those curious the first 2018 challenge is Pantone Ultraviolet http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/challenge_item.asp?id=1608 — anything between then and now is fair game!

Adarias @ 12/29/2018 14:26 commented on Duette's Transformation

Hey @TheGoldenBow(L), this piece is a fun one but we don't usually allow complex transparency.  If you edit the piece to omit the transparent elements, or simply make them opaque, I'll be happy to approve it.

Adarias @ 12/29/2018 14:25 commented on First Scene

Hi @VanessaPink, I really enjoy this piece and would like to add it to the gallery.  However as @IllusionOfMana pointed out, we don't usually allow large frames or scaled previews.

If you edit the preview to be a cropped (instead of scaled) version, and considerd shrinking the black border, I'll be happy to approve the peice.

Welcome to PJ :)
IllusionOfMana

Adarias @ 12/23/2018 14:40 commented on Character Profile for Shooter

I assume this was added to the weekly by mistake, and have removed it from the challenge.  Thanks folks.

Adarias @ 12/17/2018 16:52 commented on Robot Zorro Stubbybot

Thanks, @Skeddles!

Adarias @ 12/2/2018 06:13 commented on Pixelotl Portrait

The handling of the hair here is really phenomenal.  It's always a struggle to balance form, movement, and delicacy, and white hair is particularly unforgiving because you can't rely nearly as much on gloss.  Great work!