Squ4re idi0t @ 3/21/2019 09:01 commented on Phat Cat's Bakery

Looks nice to visit.

Squ4re idi0t @ 3/21/2019 08:56 commented on PETSCII Alien Invasion

I find it hard to read the bottom text.

Squ4re idi0t @ 3/21/2019 08:51 commented on Ripped cardboard

Nice topic, very recognizable!

Squ4re idi0t @ 3/19/2019 15:00 commented on Yet another pixel keyboard

Try to make it with less colours would be even more fun i think :)

Squ4re idi0t @ 4/25/2016 00:58 commented on ship

Crisp and tiny, nice

Squ4re idi0t @ 4/25/2016 00:57 commented on Saitama vs Genos

His cape is gone between his legs, not certain what he does with his hands, the shadow is too dark. For the rest this a very good readable work

Squ4re idi0t @ 4/12/2016 14:38 commented on Neon

I like your dithering. Any tips on how to get good, besides practice? Also, nice face

Squ4re idi0t @ 4/12/2016 14:36 commented on Neon

Squ4re idi0t @ 4/12/2016 12:13 commented on One Winged Angel

I like the colours very much in this one! It fits the overal feeling of the figure

Squ4re idi0t @ 4/11/2016 16:28 commented on Gameboy

You are right, thanks. I guess i made them large because of print ready directly from my ipad, instead of needing the use of a pc. The ipad is great for making pixel art, yet it lacks a bit of resolution handling/editing.

Squ4re idi0t @ 1/18/2016 06:28 commented on toxic city stage 3

Hi. as a noob, can I ask how you have animated this? in photoshop? or would you suggest pyxcel edit? i already make my pixel art on the ipad with sketchclub, sprite something or pixaki. great artwork here!

Squ4re idi0t @ 2/26/2015 04:45 commented on Rock Tiles

it rocks alright! as in every thing, the more you do it, the better you get. just don't always do the same. improve can be get by doing what you didn't do before and that over and over again. thats how i learn it. if you want to make a convincing character that everybody recognises, you should put everything in it that everyone recognises.

Basic art is called basic art because it is solid. because no matter how bad your art is made, if the basics are correct, its not that horrible as you might think. If you think there is something odd about your artwork, its probably because your basics are incorrect.(hey i just repeted myself) There is a dude on youtube called Sycra. he has some wise tutorials. especially one about an artist block. Keep on going, your rocks are solid to me. the top ones are less grid reading than the ones below. but i guess it depends on your type of game you want to make.

Squ4re idi0t @ 2/26/2015 04:21 commented on Chocolate

they really look like chocolate alright!

yet the tablet seems a bit off with the darker stripe, unless it is dark chocolate, but that would be weird.possible but weird :)

Squ4re idi0t @ 2/26/2015 04:16 commented on Robot Fairy

nice colors and overal style!

Squ4re idi0t @ 2/24/2015 15:07 commented on Nom

shadow on the pot would be great too. great animated gif!

Squ4re idi0t @ 2/24/2015 05:41 commented on Lone Tree

shouldn't there be more shadow on the tree itself? it looks a bit plainer than the other shadows on gras and leaves.

overall, good one!

Squ4re idi0t @ 2/23/2015 16:47 commented on 4 color portrait

I think if you use this one as your avatar, it'll keep pushing things forward for ya, yet you yourself have to push the pixels :D great 4 color portrait. The hair yes, the hair is a bit stiff, AA practice?

Squ4re idi0t @ 2/23/2015 14:30 commented on Nostalgia

@HZoltan thanks for your tip, but i truly dont know what you mean by clearing the lines and removing unecessary pixels. Forgive me for that. I'm new to this, but thats no excuse. By unecessary you mean colours that blend too much and dont get visible at small resolution? Or the figures are too detailed compared to the gameboy and walkman? I must admit, i did several on different days, so there's not a whole constant appeal to the different objects. And by clearing the lines, you mean AA?

Squ4re idi0t @ 2/23/2015 09:01 commented on Metroid - origins

This is/should be a game.

Squ4re idi0t @ 2/23/2015 08:51 commented on Creature Catalogue Week 9

O my my ! So clear to read! Awesome figures too.

Squ4re idi0t @ 2/22/2015 23:47 commented on Nostalgia

@8bit dreams well, the troll and walkman are from the 80's.

Squ4re idi0t @ 2/20/2015 03:48 commented on Ellah

I like this one. i like how her breast are too big for her dress.although the line that separates her breasts might be better if it was a bit lighter.

The part that is odd are her hands: there's a line too much. a hand in that pose looks like a sharp L. (forgive my bad english) maybe the line should also be darker?

Great colours! great character. YES

Squ4re idi0t @ 2/19/2015 16:18 commented on Block Man

yep, it brings the attention to the character with all that space around. it makes him/her a bit lonely too.And not because he/she is alone :)

Squ4re idi0t @ 2/19/2015 00:08 commented on C64 test

Bottom right is skunk. Bad because you cant see its head by the dark background? I wanted to make this one with a short palette, restricted size in pix and with no AA. I havent touched on AA ever, so maybe to fix this one, i should use AA? Thanks :)

Squ4re idi0t @ 2/19/2015 00:02 commented on C64 test

I think i know why. I went too small and restricted myself too much in colors. Thats trying too difficult things in one piece. A bit overated indeed. They seem dull due to the C64 palette i guess. I had no good preview with this one while working on it. Should have made it with another app. Will do too. Thanks ;)