CuriousBeefJerky @ 6/9/2019 16:22 commented on Scary dragon head

This would do well for the weekly challenge I think. Maybe cutting the bottom and right off to make it 200x200 would work since it's mirrored. Nice work on this though.

CuriousBeefJerky @ 6/9/2019 09:05 commented on The great adventure of the Stone Age3

These are super cute! I especially like the green dino in the bottom left, and the people. Especially the blonde cause she's extra cute.

CuriousBeefJerky @ 6/5/2019 12:26 commented on Oriental zombie character

This is cute!

CuriousBeefJerky @ 6/2/2019 04:34 commented on Game Boy Color

Cute.

That brings back some good memories. Might be time to find my old Oracle of Seasons cart.

CuriousBeefJerky @ 6/2/2019 02:19 commented on Taming a crayon palette beast (with salmon)

I like how this looks like melted wax. Cool characters too. Nice work!

CuriousBeefJerky @ 5/31/2019 15:09 commented on Downtime on Hanamunde

I really like the colors of this. Great work over all too!

CuriousBeefJerky @ 5/24/2019 23:06 commented on Fight Gal

This is lovely work.

CuriousBeefJerky @ 5/15/2019 14:45 commented on PrehISOria Tiles

Thanks Reo! I don't think I would've been able to do that one without studying the snow in your sabertooth tile though. Great work on yours too!

CuriousBeefJerky @ 5/15/2019 14:34 commented on PrehISOria Tiles

Thank you, Irena! I appreciate the comment, but I don't think I'll match your tiles.

CuriousBeefJerky @ 5/15/2019 14:30 commented on My PrehISOria tiles

These are amazing work. I can only hope I'll ever get as good at creatures as you are.

CuriousBeefJerky @ 5/6/2019 06:44 commented on PrehISOria Tiles

These are great tiles. I really like the Mario Oddesy one. Really represents the Cascade Kingdom well in a tiny space.

CuriousBeefJerky @ 5/6/2019 06:40 commented on "Bad company" mockup

This looks like it'd be a fun game. Like The Lost Vikings meets Alice in Wondrland in a point and click adventure. The early cartoonish vibes are awesome though.!

CuriousBeefJerky @ 3/28/2019 11:40 commented on Jotarotsuki

I just recently got into Jojo and Yume Nikki. Lol

Nice work on this. Even got a good Jojo pose.

CuriousBeefJerky @ 9/12/2018 11:56 commented on bot_0

Nice work on the animation for this, and well pixeled. The animation might look a little smoother if you speed it up by a few more frames a second, but great work on this, and welcome to PJ!

CuriousBeefJerky @ 9/12/2018 11:54 commented on Projectile skull

Agreed, really awesome, even if it wasn't your first!

CuriousBeefJerky @ 9/12/2018 11:53 commented on Gemini Spears

Nice design on these! Not sure how you'd hold the Cataclysm spear though lol.

CuriousBeefJerky @ 9/12/2018 11:44 commented on LAFF

@giJo

Pretty close resemblence, but i didn't use a reference. I think this clown would fit as a Sith though lol.

CuriousBeefJerky @ 8/14/2018 10:37 commented on Pirates of the ISObbean tiles

Those ships are amazing. As is the balloon, house, water, mountain, tower, etc. It's hard to choose  favorite parts because it's all well done lol.

I learned much about making water and much else from working beside and studying some of your tiles (especially that wave), so thank you very much! Thank you for the opportunity.

Also, nice layout with this image. Very ordered and symmetric.

CuriousBeefJerky @ 8/4/2018 21:09 commented on Retro Mockup - Castlevania

Really nice work on all of these retro mockups! I especially like this one for the rain animation, lighting, general atmosphere, and being castlevania. Nice work!

CuriousBeefJerky @ 8/4/2018 21:00 commented on Stranded

I like the geometric style of this too. The dithering seems good for the most part to me, since it's everywhere and part of the style.

The style reminds me of a youtube pixel artist, Luis Zuno. He does really nice painting style pixels, but a weakness of that technique is it uses a lot of lightening and darkening to shade the image, picking colors on the fly, and general lack of control over the color palette. The palette is created as you go instead of creating an image from a limited palette, which is what gives a lot of pixel art interesting colors and unified look.

While this style can create an image that looks really nice and can create large pieces in a relatively short time, you sacrifice control over your colors. I think this is why the colors seem to look "bland". To make up for this, go into the image after it is finished and rework the colors, and make a more unified, interesting palette by combining similar colors to lessen the color count, and adjusting the colors of the whole image.

I've always personally liked this style of pixel art though, and this is a really great piece. Good job on it and keep up the good work!

CuriousBeefJerky @ 8/4/2018 20:31 commented on Game Mockup

How can the fox have such beautiful, but such angry eyes? I don't know if I could fight it lol.

Really cute and clean pixels though. I like!

CuriousBeefJerky @ 8/4/2018 20:24 commented on Growing Up

I like how this turned out. The young dryad is cute and seems full of life, but the old dryad at the bottom of the tree seem at peace. The top one seems a bit concerned or bored.

All in all a good piece, but I agree the grass seems a bit random and scribbled. It's okay to draw out a piece like that, but to make it pixel art, you need to go back through that and clean it up at the pixel level.

It is a challenge though, so I understand it's hard to go through all of it in a short time, but a few small changes can go a long way.  This is a really great piece for your first piece, and you'll only get faster and better with practice, so keep at it!

CuriousBeefJerky @ 7/25/2018 15:49 commented on ISObbean Tiles

Thank you! It might be my favorite too.

CuriousBeefJerky @ 7/19/2018 19:54 commented on Bob Ross

Immediate recognition. Good work!

CuriousBeefJerky @ 7/18/2018 09:32 commented on Tetrassault Mockup

Thank you Eishiya, highly valuable comments as always!

I plan to make a WIP thread soon when I get everything together, and work on a few more things. That was the main reason for the mockup though, to find if the direction is going well. I'll post any future updates along with sprites and such to a WIP thread.